Roktoys84's Kamparoo TC

Roktoys84

Adventurer
Picked it up yesterday. :wings:

attachment.php

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, I'll get some more pics this weekend when I'm cleaning it up a bit.

Any tips or tricks I should know about? The seller didn't know too much about it, he hadn't used it much in the year he owned it. What's the easiest way to get everything leveled up and the lid supported?

XJBANKER

Explorer
Picked it up yesterday. :wings:

attachment.php

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic, I'll get some more pics this weekend when I'm cleaning it up a bit.

Any tips or tricks I should know about? The seller didn't know too much about it, he hadn't used it much in the year he owned it. What's the easiest way to get everything leveled up and the lid supported?

Congradulations. I think it is a good trailer.

ckkone

Explorer
When you set it up find a relative flat area, it has adjustable legs to help level it. I carry some 2x4 scrap in case I can't get enough adjustment out of the legs. It doesn't have to be perfectly level, I just try to make sure all of the legs are in contact with the ground.

To get the canvas nice and tight you will adjust these:

IMG_1712.jpg

One thing you might want to order is the rock guard, it will keep mud off the front of the trailer making it easier to unlatch the front. It's $90 and you can get it here (not to mention it looks good!):

http://www.kamparoo.com/Accessories.htm.

Did yours come with the awning and propane tank?

ckkone

Explorer
It came with the awning and it has the mount for a propane tank. Looks like it holds a 5lb tank?

Nice, that awning is nice to have. I got a tank from Home Depot, can't remember what size it's kind of tall and skinny and smaller than the one I have on my grill.

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Awesome...nice setup..looks nice and level with the tow rig. Was the dog optional or did it come with it?

:wings:Good luck

ExpoMike

As much as I want to put my spare Jeep wheels/tires, that match my Cherokee, every time I see a side profile, I see how much ground clearance the Kamparoo has and decide I don't want to make it taller and change the CG.

This pic really shows how much clearance when you compare it to the Wrangler.
P1030297.jpg

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I agree, I don't think it needs more tire. The matching wheel thing is nice, but I consider it sort of "bling". I considered it for my trailer build, but the matching wheels would have cost two or three times as much, been twice as heavy, taken away valuable space in the trailer, and given it more ground clearance than my truck has anyway.

It seems there's two ways people go when matching the tires: Use it to justify only having one spare between the truck and trailer and saving weight. The way I see it, two huge tires weigh more than 3 smaller trailer tires. Or, people carry two spares, and say that they benefit from having more spare tires for the truck if needed. I guess if I thought I needed more than one spare for the truck, I should have more than one spare for the truck for when I'm *not* towing the trailer. I also figure I could have 3 trailer tires, plus one extra truck spare on the trailer for the same weight as just the 3 truck-size tires.

Also, having standard trailer wheels means you can use standard trailer drums, axles, wheels, etc... if needed when on a trip.

If I had a Chev truck with 5 on 4.5 bolt spacing, it matches the truck anyway, good to go. But since I have 5 on 4.75, we're talking custom drums and/or brakes, etc... Just not worth it.

Roktoys84

Adventurer
As much as I want to put my spare Jeep wheels/tires, that match my Cherokee, every time I see a side profile, I see how much ground clearance the Kamparoo has and decide I don't want to make it taller and change the CG.

This pic really shows how much clearance when you compare it to the Wrangler.
P1030297.jpg

I really thought I would have to lift it so it wouldn't ride tongue high, the Jeep is lifted 7" with 37"s to give you an idea of how much clearance the Kamparoo has. :Wow1:

ExpoMike

I really thought I would have to lift it so it wouldn't ride tongue high, the Jeep is lifted 7" with 37"s to give you an idea of how much clearance the Kamparoo has. :Wow1:

I know, I have a 3" lift, 31" tires and use a 4" dropped tongue that is inverted so it's a raised tongue and the Lock 'n Roll on top of that. My Cherokee isn't tall enough. LOL :ylsmoke:

PICT3917.jpg

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Congrats on the new to you, Kamparoo! (that's kind of fun to say...)

It was a gorgeous weekend in the valley this weekend. I have to say, I think you got a great deal on that trailer. I hope it serves you well!

:smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan