Roof bars and roof top tent pics

spikemd

Explorer
I got access to a pre-production Grenadier to do some test fitting of products. I came up with a Front Runner set of crossbars, not yet available and bolted them directly to Overland Pros Baja clamshell roof top tent. The rear ladder and spare tire can be used for tent access, though attaching the ladder would be safer at night.

20231203_121132.jpg
20231203_114711.jpg
20231203_124403.jpg

Copple

Any issues using roof bars vs a full fledged rack? Asking because our Grenadier should be available for pickup within the next week or so. I mounted our iKamper on my (now sold) new Defenders expedition rack and am trying to find a solution for our Grenadier. Currently have the factory roof bars optioned and was thinking about ordering a 3rd. Still working out the max height so I can still park in the garage when the tent is mounted.

Copple

They way the vehicle is built you can spec roof cross bars or the full rack. Both of which attach the the side rails similar to the original Defender and GWagon.

Sid Post

Observer
Most cross-bar systems seem to be higher overall due to "stacking" distances for attaching things.

Many roof racks are 'tighter' to the roof line which to me lowers the CG slightly so, I tend to prefer them. Plus many look really good too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle