Roof rack lining

roger352

Hi All

I was just wondering what you have lined your roof rack with?. Metal plate, marine ply or something else and why.

Roger

nick disjunkt

Adventurer
I've used birch plywood laminated with a textured phenolic film. It's used in UK a lot for making trailer floors and flightcases. I had to seal the edges to stop it delaminating over time but it's pretty durable and a lot cheaper than aluminium treadplate of the same strength; I suspect that it's lighter aswell but I don't suppose there's much in it. I used 12mm Buffalo Board but there's a few manufacturers who do it in various thicknesses.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Raingler net, whatever size and is adjustable to whatever and anything can be secured toit !

Auxcooler004.jpg

You can add tarp/blanket/plywood-whatever for any needs--this hicap netting won't corrode/flap/degrade/loosen/add weight-etc

:costumed-smiley-007:wings:JIMBO

Mudy_Ovl

I used PolyMax Poultry/Kennel flooring from Farmtek.com on the roof rack of my '95 LR Discovery.

http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...01&langId=-1&division=FarmTek&productId=20251

It's the flooring of choice by many Land Rover owners. It's durable, easy to cut and it's not too costly. Be sure to order the non-overlapping type. It still has interlocks on the long side, but does not on the short sides for a cleaner finish. Best of luck and don't forget to order some 125 lbs tie-wraps as well.

Regards,
Chris D.

stewwalker

Observer
Marine grade plywood with marine deck coating. Cheap and easy. The holes make a bit of noise at speed though.

IMG_0901.jpg

doug720

Expedition Leader
Aluminum diamond plate. Light, strong and no maintenance required.

Doug

Attachments

• 004 resized.jpg
    004 resized.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle