Roof Racks Other Than Baja and Gobi

WaySlowWhitey

I'm researching a roof rack for my 2012 T4R and am leaning toward the Baja. I can't seem to find any details/pictures of a 5th gen with an ARB alloy rack. Also, any other recommendations out there? Preference is for a full length with a fairing that will allow me to use a Thule or Yakima space box.

Box Rocket

Front Runner racks are sweet, but expensive. But they are one of those "get what you pay for" items. High-price = high quality in this case. Look at www.equipt1.com for Front Runner stuff.

Or you could build one. That's what I did because I couldn't afford a front runner.

Ramjet

Explorer
Don't forget about Rhino Racks. Just go to the USA website and see what your vehicle set up is. Tons of sweet accessories as well. Good Luck.

WaySlowWhitey

Keep us posted on what you end up doing. I've got a 2012 T4R LE and I'm looking too!

Based on what I've seen and what I need it for I'm leaning toward the Baja. Going to check out an ARB (alloy) this weekend as I'm not that familiar with them.

Moving Chicane

Already Gone.
I just posted/uploaded my pictures of my new ARB (steel, not alloy) mesh roof rack at the other (T4R) site. Here's the finished product with Hi-Lift mounted via wonderful FourTreks hardware:

ARB7.jpg

dubbaDYota

Observer
damn that looks good! what was the total height added to vehicle?

i am in the same boat....looking for a roof rack for my '11 4Runner Trail. I think im going to stick with the factory side rails and add longer/stronger steel crossbars and a steel utility/flat rack.

The top one is X-Large and it comes in at 81" and requires (3) crossbars. I am going to go with the Large at 61". It's American made, all steel, zinc plated and powder coated. All of this sounds great on paper and it looks sturdy, but i cant find ANY reviews on it.

Vehicle_616_20121130_10351.jpg

Vehicle_71_2011217_103839.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman