Roof top tent advice

prairiecruise1

Looking at getting a used arb try. I can get it used from a friend for a fair price. He's used it maybe 10 times, says it great but he's also a arb dealer. Must tents I see for sale are camping labs, tepui, magnolia etc. not a lot of arb are they just not as good, to much? Or do people love them and don't want to sell

DCH109

Adventurer
What you will find is that most RTT are built by the same manufacture. If the price is right I would go for it, you really cannot go wrong here with most of the commen ones. But i would verify the model as well and see or compare if this is a recent model or a 10 year old model. (I thing most ARB tents are more recent though)
That is how I got mine. The price was killer. I looked at the ARB tent and I think it looks great.

camel357

Pretty much all RRT that you mentioned are made by the same company in china. ARB RRT just came out about 2-3 years ago, hannibal and eezi awn are made in S. Africa and are suppose to be the best ones, they were the first ones on the market about 25 years ago. also they are a couple of companies in S. America (mostly in Venezuela and Brazil) that are making really good RRT (they even have models that you can place an small A/C unit on them) these are not common in the US market, but I have used some of them and they are really good and cheaper compare to the ones from china.
At the end, I guess is all about tastes and preferences.
cheers

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Eezi-Awn RTTs are the top of the line, with better materials and construction. The ARB tents are a good affordable option as well but in high wind conditions the Eezi-Awn would hold up better due to the heavier materials. We carry both tents, and we run an Eezi-Awn Series 3 1400 and 1600 on our vehicles.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Eazi-Awn, Howling Moon and Hannibal are top shelf. I like the Howling Moon stargazer the best. Then there is Maggiolina, again top of the line. All others are not so much.

DCH109

Adventurer
Eazi-Awn, Howling Moon and Hannibal are top shelf. I like the Howling Moon stargazer the best. Then there is Maggiolina, again top of the line. All others are not so much.

Agree here, except I like the Aerohome Maggiolina. But then I have one.
Be things did. It mention is you might want to see how long some have lasted.
The Maggiolina I have is about 10 years old, I am the third owner and some basic repairs I have given it another 10+ years of life.

All said and done, I would think if the ARB is $700 or less you should be good as you can avoide shipping changes etc.

enzo

Explorer
I have an ARB and love it. Most people don't need a $3k canvas tent. Especially if they camp only a few times a year. I use the hell out of my tent and it has held up very well. Next tent will be a Maggiolina though.:)

prairiecruise1

Thanks for the advice. The deal Ivan get on the arb is $1400 for the rtt, annex with the floor and the awning with the mosquito netting I think it's not to bad a price

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Thanks for the advice. The deal Ivan get on the arb is $1400 for the rtt, annex with the floor and the awning with the mosquito netting I think it's not to bad a price

Have you looked at Ironman 4x4? I think you can get their RTT with the annex brand new for less than 1400. I've got one and I really like mine. Just my two cents.

camel357

campings world from Brazil is really good, on the market for more than 20 years
mare from Venezuela also good, on the market for more than 20 years too.
also from Venezuela: 4wd, scato, anaconda, phyton

I have used the one from Brazil and 4wd from Venezuela(I have 2 of these right now) no complains at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger