roof top tent hat

vtlogger

Adventurer
I've seen a lot of photo's of people camping with RTT's in the winter, and was wondering what you do for heat?? Do they make a heater just for RTT's??

Whtshos

Observer
RTT Heat

My better half and I spent the New Years weekend in OK and AR in near freezing temps and rain. We relied on warm bags and electric blankets. I left mine on the lowest setting to keep my back warm. Probably did not need it. We used a Mr Heater Buddy to dry the moisture and take the morning chill off. We only ran it for a few minutes while we were awake.
Even though the newer generation of propane heaters have came a long ways, I still will not fall asleep with one burning in close confines.
TEPUI has a neat Weatherhood I am interested in. I feel it has multi functions for multi seasons.

Just my experience.

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
I use a Mr Buddy in my Tepui Autana. With the annex down below I just leave the heater down there on high and it heats the entire set up. I'm a little weird about sleeping with it on as well, but I've done it in my normal ground tent a few times. At 32 degrees its gotten the Tepui to a comfy 67 inside. Usually I leave it on for 45 minutes or so before bed and it takes the edge off everything. Its got a knock over shut off and low oxygen shut off, its also approved for indoor use and will heat up to 200 sq ft. Still can't sleep well with it on and to be honest I never trust it in the off position so when I'm done using it I just leave it outside the tent. Also, for anyone that uses one, try lighting it outside the tent and wait for the white catalyst thing to get hot. Then put it in the tent and it doesn't stink one bit after its lit.

johnboytrd

Little buddy, plenty of heat to get the tent warm and hang out in. I don't care for leaving the heater on while I am not watching it. We have 0 degree bags for sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vtlogger

Adventurer
that looked awesome!! It really looks like everyone one just bundles up and is warm enough.. I was thinking I'd need some kind of heater .. maybe not!!

geordie4x4

Observer
At James Baroud we have an insulation kit that goes along the walls of the tent. The tent can be closed with the kit in.

Craig

Hi Craig, do you know if James Baroud make the insulation kit for the E-Space Evolution as it is the sloping shape I got told in Australia that it is not available for my model. Just wondering if it is available in the US or direct from JB.

Cheers
Geordie

Hi Craig, do you know if James Baroud make the insulation kit for the E-Space Evolution as it is the sloping shape I got told in Australia that it is not available for my model. Just wondering if it is available in the US or direct from JB.

Cheers
Geordie

Hello Geordie
We have the insulation kits here in stock, in America. If you have any further questions you can contact me at craigd@jamesbaroudusa.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears