Roof Top Tent with Rack...

brittan

Adventurer
p1michaud said:
x3!

Cheers :beer:,
P

OK...clarification...
I purchased an ARE shell for the Taco a few years ago. I put a Yakima rack on top to hold a rack with bikes on it. While in Moab the Yakima load bars came loose from the rails and wore holes in the top of the shell. Technically the shell didn't fail me. Sorry for the confusion.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
brittan said:
OK...clarification...
I purchased an ARE shell for the Taco a few years ago. I put a Yakima rack on top to hold a rack with bikes on it. While in Moab the Yakima load bars came loose from the rails and wore holes in the top of the shell. Technically the shell didn't fail me. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahhh... gotcha.

Off topic, but you know I am having problems with my Yakima's lately too. I am running three crossbars when I carry my 16 foot canoe. One over the cab in the centre of the front doors and two spaced out as far as they can go over the rear canopy (on tracks). The far rear bar is always coming loose. It doesn't move forward/back, but rather side to side. The hex key screw that pushes up the cam on the bar keeps coming loose. Even with locktite on it I still have to tighten it every fuel stop when the canoe is on. I'm thinking that once Yakima's get older (these bars are probably 8 yrs old now - had them on other trucks) they loose their ability to clamp on to the crossbars well.

Pete

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
brittan said:
OK...clarification...

Where the heck have you been??!! Good to see you around ;) This is wild. I was just wondering about you last night and thinking I should give you a call.

brittan

Adventurer
BajaTaco said:
Where the heck have you been??!! Good to see you around ;) This is wild. I was just wondering about you last night and thinking I should give you a call.

Baja,
I have been busy. Sorry to be a stranger...I just have a lot going on.
Do give me a call. Let me know when you will be in town.

brittan

Adventurer
Dave said:
Can you eloborate? I'm headed to Moab the same time you will be there (we arrive the 8th)...with a fiberglass shell. :yikes:

What will you be in...where will you be staying...I will look for you. You know what my truck looks like...

Dave

Explorer
brittan said:
What will you be in...where will you be staying...I will look for you. You know what my truck looks like...

White '02 extended cab with an ARE shell (minus canoe):

truck.jpg

We're staying at the camp ground in Arch's NP the 8th and the 9th, hiking the Fiery Furnace guided hike on the 9th. After that, we're going to be exploring points farther south.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998