Roof Top Tents Detailed Comparison and Analysis

BlueHZT60

Adventurer
Desertdude said:
I like the size of the small as it sits on either vehicle (a bit more stealth)

:::

What you don't like driving around with a giant white hot tub on your roof? (that's what my neighbor said many years ago when I first got the RTT).

Everyone thinks my cruiser is going to fall over on its' side -yet it's only done that once due to operator error.

Anyway, the Maggiolina gets to become a trailer queen this weekend and the diesel 60 will probably start getting over 20mpg. Enjoy, Bob
Bob

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
BlueHZT60 said:
ps - Mike my 40 year old kitchen box is very similar to yours...Bob Bancroft

Bob. I have been thinking to abbreviate the kitchen box a bit, now that I have the drawer system in the 80. May cut the back and top off and make is slightly smaller. Love my Camp Chef River Runner, so that stays.

PS If you want a blue Maggiolina, let me know well in advance so i can order it for you, standard model we have is light grey. The blue is soothing to nap in, tho'.

Mike S

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
:elkgrin: Yeah we love the comfort and easy set up of both tents...

Just for clarity, the Columbus while a hinged on one side style tent - it is basically the same mattress size as the Maggiolina - I tried not to like the Columbus as much as the Maggiolina - but I have grown very fond of it :victory:

Everyone thinks my cruiser is going to fall over on its' side -yet it's only done that once due to operator error.

Yes I remember... That was one big mud hole for all of us during ACT.06 - the tent was never harmed during this incredible journey, and quite envied every night by many.

60.onside.jpg

BlueHZT60

Adventurer
OHHH!! What do they say - - a picture is worth a 1,000 words.

For the rest of my life I will remember that moment & I will remember another: the water circling around my attenna and snorkle, stuck, in the river - with the owner(me) sitting in the passenger seat watching (for all the other readers- the rear QP's drained, but nothing inside got wet, much to my surprise - after seeing the BJ in the background figuratively flopping fish out the front door, about a 2" flood came out when Stephan opened the driver door).

Mike: I know it'll be a special order, which takes time, not an issue.

Bob

BlueHZT60

Adventurer
Here's the other 1,000 words. Note the three triangular rips in the Maggiolina, care of exceptionally concientious spotting and one of our favorites - a gnarly old Juniper. Bob

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Hard to spot all the potential damage danger on the trail :oops:

A small fiberglass patch kit and a bit of Super White (color) Toyota paint and it will be good as new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998