Rover Warrior.... LR3 Build engagement pics

Ray_G

Explorer
Great pics!

So are you running the heavy load or just the premium conversion? I've thought about buying the OME heavy load (aka HD) springs for the back at some point for the same reason, though it strikes me your need may be more acute than mine. I posted the p/n's somewhere but just for the sake of broad documentation this is a cut & paste from a dialogue on it:

OME has both MD and HD coils for the Discovery 3 application. It would seem AB's premium +2 coil conversion uses the MD springs (OME 2744 (F) & OME 2746 (R)), whereas the heavy load kit has the HD coils (OME 2745 (F) and OME 2746 (R)). The substantive difference being spring rates, with the HD fronts being '+100kg' and the rear being '+constant 200kg.'​

r-
R

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
I will have to double check my emails but I thought I ordered the HD terra firma setup with the +2 spacers. that being said the fronts were awesome.

I also will be planning the front and rear locker install. I only had to winch once..... but that whole letting them spin till it figures it out is nerve racking on a rock stair case...... with the ledge getting closer and closer.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
Yeah. They had it in stock and I liked their spacers for the lift. They put a bunch of RnD into the kit. Think I'm just running a load they didn't spec for. Will hit them up on Monday.

Yeah. They had it in stock and I liked their spacers for the lift. They put a bunch of RnD into the kit. Think I'm just running a load they didn't spec for. Will hit them up on Monday.

Do you happen to have an install review of the kit? I.e., pictures of the spacers, the dimensions of the shocks and springs, etc...

And to clarify, AB is using OME springs on there kits? Or these are separate kits?

Thanks,

E

Last edited:
My kit was terrafirma, not OME. The spacers and struts are discussed in length a few pages back with links to lucky8.

Kit
https://www.lucky8llc.com/collectio...-air-to-coil-spring-suspension-conversion-kit
Spacers
https://www.lucky8llc.com/collectio...products/proud-rhino-sya-extension-street-kit

Sorry they are talked about on another thread. Looking for it now

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, I'm trying to see why it is so hard to get an adjustable coilover on the LR3/4? Every other vehicle has one (other makes/models) with adjustable valving and coil rates via adjustable coil over. I have no doubt, there is a way to stick a set of Fox, King, or Icons in the vehicle for a true off-road ride. If companies can make their own spacers for LR3/4, then they surely can make an upper plate that accepts Fox, King, or like minded performance suspension.

If anyone knows the stroke (limits) on OEM LR and/or OME lifted HD shocks to include length, spring rate (front/back) please let me know. PM or whatever if you don't want to put it here.

Imagine if you could get rid of that sag with a few turns on the coilover spanner nut, keep the same spring rate, , whip the wheel on the rebound screw and keep that same performance................just imagine! (Irony)....no other vehicle on the trail would have that capability, ever! hahahaha

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
So I spoke with lucky8. We had a little trouble actually finding the constant load rating for the terrafirma rear struts. I'm going to have to do a little more investigating and see if they are the equivalent of the OME constant 440 rear springs. If they are below then swapping some coils should fix the sag.

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Imagine if you could get rid of that sag with a few turns on the coilover spanner nut, keep the same spring rate, , whip the wheel on the rebound screw and keep that same performance................just imagine! (Irony)....no other vehicle on the trail would have that capability, ever! hahahaha

I do wonder when something will be made for these vehicles. On a related note, isn't this exactly what Andrew White is doing on his AUS Land Cruiser right now?

I do wonder when something will be made for these vehicles. On a related note, isn't this exactly what Andrew White is doing on his AUS Land Cruiser right now?

I haven't watched his lates episode 3 VLOG but I think he is stuffing coilovers on front and new spring and air set up in the rear on the Troopy! Man I love Troopies......almost as much as I want a Defender 110.

MontyMog

Rolling Thunder
ARB is focusing on the 80 series and defenders before the move to the LR3 with the bp51. I'm at gonna try an OME rear coil and see if that fixes my problem

If ARB makes a compatible BP51 for LR3/4, that's a solid move for real. I think it's a significant market, nothing compared to LC market but they would sell for sure.

I wonder if GAP has a solution? Probably already been brought up! I love my EAS, just don't want to replace it and I know that's coming soon at 95k mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears