RSI Smartcap - Any feedback?

pkita99

Hello,

Anyone have the RSI Smartcap on a Ram 2500 (or other vehicle for that matter) and can provide any feedback. Looking for a simple truck topper I can sleep in. Seeing if they are worth a premium over something from ARE or Leer.

Thanks

simple

Adventurer
The Smartcap looks very modern which is cool. I'd be curious to know if the smartcap is any better at sealing to the bed and tail gate to keep rain out.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Nice functioning looking cap..

Seen several complaints of the locks/latches freezing shut easily in the cold and being unable to open them

jadmt

ignore button user
Nice functioning looking cap..

Seen several complaints of the locks/latches freezing shut easily in the cold and being unable to open them
If you ask they will send you lock covers free of charge. Not sure why they don't just include them but maybe it doesn't get cold in south Africa. I had them send me some. They have great service

Porkchopexpress

Reviving a zombie thread as it seems like the only one dedicated to the RSI Smartcap.
I have one on my F350. Recently used it on a road trip to AZ. I can confirm that mine also survived a heavy downpour with no leaks. I think some water came in the vent when I drove it through a high pressure car wash but not much and it was all just below the vent. The build quality seems great and I love the side access. I had a fiberglass shell a while back on a GMC Sierra for reference. I got the all metal sides, (no side windows) as they seem unnecessary and it has a cool metal rack in place of where the windows would be.
I think they did a good job balancing weight and strength as it feels solid but not heavy. All the doors open and close easily.
As for the negatives, I waited almost a year for mine and I think it was about $1k more than an equivalent fiberglass shell. Also, on my road trip to AZ, the inside turned into an oven. The metal was almost too hot to touch. Of course outside air temp was about 115 but fiberglass definitely would have insulated better. I'm thinking about adding a white vinyl wrap to the roof where it can't be seen from the sides.

Xlocdnguyen

Anyone buy something’s similar on alibaba? Priced it out to be a third of RSI with shipping included and wondering about the quality.

Hodor

Anyone buy something’s similar on alibaba? Priced it out to be a third of RSI with shipping included and wondering about the quality.
You're wondering what the quality coming from alibaba is like? Seriously?

You get what you pay for here just like many other places

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior