rtt bedding

beez33

Observer
I will have my new rtt in may and am not sure what to due for bedding. Love to see what others are doing

ddog45

Adventurer
I use a double wide rectangular sleeping bag from wiggys. One side is rated at 30 degrees and the other side is rated at 0. We also bring our pillows from home.

java

Expedition Leader
Just a down duvet, it small enough to fold up with the tent. I have a different mattress that is a little shorter and can get a few pillows down there, but usually they just end up in a stuff sack coming from home.

pray4surf

Explorer
Wife took a set of flannel sheets and sewed three sides (Lft/Rt/Bottom) together and some elastic straps on the bottom (side-to-side). The elastic straps hold the sheet(s) to the foam mattress. We then add blankets/bags or comforter to the mix along with a pair of pillows. Works well and in most cases we can leave the bedding in place when closing up the RTT (which is a CampingLab, med size). And after a 'burn' injury from using hot rocks, we've added a 12v mattress pad for colder nights.

kai38

Explorer
I make the bed up with a set of sheets, I had the bottom sewn to the top sheet at the foot to make it easier to make the bed. I throw a king size down comforter on top and put my 15 degree sleeping bag in the tent in case the nights are going to be cold. I've only had to get into the bag twice. This year I got a 12v bed heater from a truck stop to plug into a 12v source to pre warm the bed.

Bob Freda

Adventurer
We use a "Trava Sak" that we found new on EBay ( they don't make them anymore )
They have a heavy side and a lighter side that you can use for cooler or hotter weather and a sheet set that attaches with Velcro . Full length zippers down each side, sort of like a double wide sleeping bag. The set even came with matching pillow cases.
I think some other company is making the same thing under a different name, but if you search for TravaSak it will probably come up.

fourstringfletch

Adventurer
I'd second the recommendation for something double sided, and double wide if you're the romantic type :)
We sleep in temps between 20-80F (mostly under the stars) and I've been really happy with this: https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Bag/DreamIsland15
Lots of insulation on one side and double thickness thin fleecy fabric on the other. 2 side zips are key to stick a leg out without freezing your partner. I keep this bag and 2 full size pillows in a 24 gal action packer and it's an amazingly comfortable and versatile system.

XTorrey

Observer
I'd second the recommendation for something double sided, and double wide if you're the romantic type :)
We sleep in temps between 20-80F (mostly under the stars) and I've been really happy with this: https://www.bigagnes.com/Products/Detail/Bag/DreamIsland15
Lots of insulation on one side and double thickness thin fleecy fabric on the other. 2 side zips are key to stick a leg out without freezing your partner. I keep this bag and 2 full size pillows in a 24 gal action packer and it's an amazingly comfortable and versatile system.

That's a nice looking bag. I think I'll have to talk to the husband about purchasing one of these!

mazatal

My Baroud Evasion RTT shipped with a comfortable 4'6" X 6'6" mattress pad with a washable cover. So far, sleeping down to the upper 20's, a sometimes double cover of Polartec high loft and Polartec Softec Reversible Down Alternative fleece blankets has been more than enough. Usually end up with just one covering, even with a window open and the condensate vent fan going. The blankets are Full/Queen size, 90" X 90", stuff down to about a couple cubic feet, inexpensive, machine washable and they breathe. No zippers, no confinement and easy to rollover for an old arthritic body. Easy to air out too! LOL

loup407

Adventurer
We just use flannel sheets and an inexpensive down duvet. It's worked for us three seasons. The fabric used in EezeAwn tents seems to maintain more warmth in cold weather than you'd think (within reason). We take the pillows out when we fold up the tent, but leave sheets and duvet inside.

Dusty Grin

Observer
I use a budget style XL square 0 degree sleeping bag. Teton is the brand I think. It's flannel inside and I'm warmer than I've ever been in my RTT. I think it's 36" wide and reaches end to end in the tent. I have a flannel sheet so if it warms up I unzip it and use it as a big blanket. It's just me up there usually though.

Last edited:

rk_az

Adventurer
We use 2 Coleman rectangular bags (the ones that have cotton flannel type lining) zipped together to make one big bag, which stays in the tent. If it is cold, we bring an extra bag of the same type which is unzipped to make a big comforter. Have not found conditions too cold for this setup yet. Pillows from home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78