RTT + Gobi Rack = ?'s

SchleXterra

Newbie here, I have a '08 Xterra OR model and I'm trying to mount the Eezi Awn 1600 on the Gobi Ranger Rack.

Before I install the rack, I've done some "eyeballing" of how the RTT will mount and found the tents mounting rails and the rack frame are just a little off.

I have the tent mount brackets from Adventure Trailers which slide right in to the mounting rails of the tent and fasten around anything you'd like.

Anybody done this setup before?
How'd you do it?

Thanks in advance for your help, next post will be installing the Weekender 50L split and airbags! We're getting her prepped for our family trip from Ca to Co in September for a couple of weeks. Would like to do part of the Continental Divide Trail in Northern Co. but I'll save my other questions for later.

Thanks Again! :victory:

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
I'm just up the road in Ripon. If you need assistance lifting the RTT up, just let me know. I can come out tomorrow morning or late afternoon or sometime during the week. Plus, I'd like to check out the size of the 1600...:bike_rider:

SchleXterra

stevenmd

Thanks, I'll let you know when we're ready to "lift" as the tent is big enough and awkward enough to need as many strong backs as possible. All the literature on the tent says the 1600 is roughly the size of a queen size mattress; we're planning on sleeping me, my wife, 2 yr. old and 3 month old...should be cozy.

Thanks again and I'll shoot you a message.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
stevenmd

Thanks, I'll let you know when we're ready to "lift" as the tent is big enough and awkward enough to need as many strong backs as possible. All the literature on the tent says the 1600 is roughly the size of a queen size mattress; we're planning on sleeping me, my wife, 2 yr. old and 3 month old...should be cozy.

Thanks again and I'll shoot you a message.

Hey, I have a 2 year old and a 3 month old too! ...and a 7 year old, 9 year old, and 14 year old...:coffeedrink:

SchleXterra

So I've read; I just read through your 90 vs. 110 thread from the past and it seems like you definately need more space! How's your 109? Looks like a fun project. I have the long term goal of finding a "family friendly" expo vehicle and leaving my wife's DD alone; you make a strong argument for the Landies...

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
So I've read; I just read through your 90 vs. 110 thread from the past and it seems like you definately need more space! How's your 109? Looks like a fun project. I have the long term goal of finding a "family friendly" expo vehicle and leaving my wife's DD alone; you make a strong argument for the Landies...

We have a strong Land Rover club in NorCal: http://nclrclub.org/ You are welcome to check out any of mine or make it to one of our MORG's (Monthly Off Road Gathering) the first Saturday of every month at Hollister OHV and check out other models. I just have to warn you... once LUCAS gets you in his grasps, you're doomed.:ylsmoke:

Anyways, sorry for the hijack... can anyone chime in and him get his RTT mounted? Martyn?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior