Rtt height for annex

jay81rd

Just got my Mt Hood tent and trying to build my rack for the top of my trailer. I spoke with Bobby at cvt and he suggested the bottom of the tent be at 6' or a little less to use annex. I have searched on here and seen some that are at 6'6" or 6'8". What do you think would be the perfect height? Thanks

Last edited:

jeepfreak81

Adventurer
Mine it's at 6'6" this lifts the boat sides up off the ground a bit so the floor zippers are not on the ground. I was getting water leakage from those zippers. I'm going to try bees wax on them this year.

Finlay

Triarius
Just got my Mt Hood tent and trying to build my rack for the top of my trailer. I spoke with Bobby at cvt and he suggested the bottom of the tent be at 6' or a little less to use annex. I have searched on here and seen some that are at 6'6" or 6'8". What do you think would be the perfect height? Thanks

With my Rainer, the tent is mounted at about 6' and frankly could have been higher.

It's possible to overthink this, because most times we were on uneven terrain anyway, so 6' at one point was 6'5" at another. So, I say shoot for between 6' to 6' 6" and you should be fine. And really, even if it is too short, the worst that happens is it flaps in the wind or something - but there are ways to deal with that, too.

Finlay

Triarius
It would be for me - I'm 6'4". Of course, I'd make it work if that was the least bad option, but I'd prefer something taller. But it's not that big a deal - I'm in the annex to change clothes or some such. I went all the way out there, the whole point is to be outside.

So.... Dunno if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle