RTT on M416

Mark2457

Hi All

Just got my Skycamp mini that I use on my truck bed (Ranger FX4). Just bought an M416 trailer and wondering if there are any racks that will mount directly to the M416. I need the tent to be about 18 inches above the top of the trailer, as i have the annex for it, so need enough headroom.

Anyone got any suggestions that doesn't involve major fabrication?

I'm just taking welding and fabrication classes and hope to build a lid and something better next year, but for now, I just want to use it with minimal engineering :)

Thanks

Mark

old_CWO

A lot of people use those and they seem to be nice. Don't have any personal experience with them.

There was a report from one member here where they metal fatigue after hard wheeling.

50 fiver

I went the cheap route until I can build a lid and telescoping rack, cheap Amazon rack for the win.
ca05472db99b8b1fb9cadd978e57fb7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

50 fiver

How stable is that rack?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Very stable, I had through bolted it to the tub. I have recently taken it off, to turn it around, so that my annex will work better, I found some clamps on another site that someone else has used, I'm going to try them, I didn't want to drill any more holes into the tub, it wasn't as simple as turning it around. Here's the link to the clamps. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LJ3VYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I haven't used them yet, so I can not advise how they work, but I got the idea from someone else that used them on the same rack on their m416. I bought 2 sets of 4 so that each upright would have 2 clamps on it. Here's a link to where the guy used them on his trailer:

kid6725

Very stable, I had through bolted it to the tub. I have recently taken it off, to turn it around, so that my annex will work better, I found some clamps on another site that someone else has used, I'm going to try them, I didn't want to drill any more holes into the tub, it wasn't as simple as turning it around. Here's the link to the clamps. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LJ3VYJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I haven't used them yet, so I can not advise how they work, but I got the idea from someone else that used them on the same rack on their m416. I bought 2 sets of 4 so that each upright would have 2 clamps on it. Here's a link to where the guy used them on his trailer:
Cool! I just watched that video this weekend as I am looking for ideas on what to do with the M416 that I just picked up .

I want to have a lid and rack made for it but am a little afraid of what it will cost.
41c4c355e8f303495e9be4994a2ffd41.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179