RTT/Rack suggestions for 2 door JK

Hey all,

I own a 2012 2dr JK. I'm really wanting a roof top tent, but want to avoid a rack that has pillars coming down the windshield on the vehicle. Are there any rack options that would support a tent or a small enough tent that would fit on a half rack for a 2 dr?

Thanks in advance.

ZMagic97

Explorer
You could do the MBRP I believe. Mind if I ask why you don't want the front rails? I had a Gobi stealth...loved it with both my RTTs.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Time to getta trailer and-

You could do the MBRP I believe. Mind if I ask why you don't want the front rails? I had a Gobi stealth...loved it with both my RTTs.

Leave your jeep free to do your day exploring, while your RTT is comfy on the trailer in camp-

Go to the "Roof Top Tent and Awnings" section of the forums and there's a lotta info for ya-

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Thanks for the suggestions! I looked at the MBRP, but I have a 2012, so I'd need to buy a previous gen hardtop for it to work. Technically that wouldn't be an issue, except I also run the AEV tire carrier and fuel caddy, so the extra large window on the newer hard top allows me to open my rear window with the tailgate closed. I've done this a few times in camp.

The reason I don't like the front rails is strictly aesthetic. Not a great excuse I know, but I do love the way my jeep looks. If I cave, I'll probably go with the FrontRunner rack.

LXIV-Dragon

I looked long and hard and ended up the RhinoRack Backbone. Perfect.

image.jpg

I too wanted to avoid the external bars, all that extra weight and wind noise / drag didn't make sense. There are other options but none spreads the weight nor takes as much weight...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12