rubber floor covering

sweet trav

Adventurer
Anyone know of a rubber floor covering for vehicles? I'm thinking of removing the carpet in my 4runner but looking for replacement options and our trail team fj has a nice rubber floor covering that is great for spills, dirt, etc.

I'm guessing that people will suggest a liner product, which I am not completely against but I do want it to look good and have some thickness to it.

Thanks for any info/ideas!

matt s

Explorer
Yeah liner is pretty nice. I have it in mine. It holds up very well. I also have rubber shop floor mats in the bed area. Both for noise control and to class it up a bit. My only resistance to vinyl floor coverings is water getting underneath them. At least a carpet kit will dry out in time, vinyl can trap it and then you are looking at mold and rust.

I will say that I can literally hose out my interior. That alone makes it worth while.

Clutch

<---Pass
Check commercial rubber flooring venders. It can get expensive though.

We have done both in our service vehicles, spray in liner, since the liner is an "ok" as a sound deadener, then a rubber mat over it...don't have to worry about rust too much then.

Could do the spray in liner then get those preformed rubber mats made specifically for your vehicle.

weathertech_floorliner_tan.jpg

Attachments

• Rubber-Flooring-446x335.jpg
    Rubber-Flooring-446x335.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

sweet trav

Adventurer
well, this last post has a site with carpet kits but that looks to be all for a 3rd gen 4runner...thanks, I'll keep looking...

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
well, this last post has a site with carpet kits but that looks to be all for a 3rd gen 4runner...thanks, I'll keep looking...

Really - I could have sworn it mentioned something about vinyl and rubber - perhaps I'm confused. :)

This is what the website says...

"Rubber and Vinyl Flooring Mats for Cars, Trucks and Vans

Our flexible Vinyl and Rubber flooring mats are custom molded to fit the floor of your truck, van, SUV or taxi cab. We have both custom molded vinyl or rubber automotive flooring available, depending on your vehicle and the application.

Our truck rubber mats are made to the same specifications as OEM rubber mats, and in most cases require no cutting, making the installation easy. Our molded rubber flooring mats are the perfect replacement for your original carpet, if you are converting your truck or van to a work vehicle or if you simply want something that will clean up easier and last longer than carpet.

Our molded truck vinyl flooring is heavy duty, long lasting and cleans up easy. The molded vinyl mats are vacuum molded instead of pressure molded producing a much better finished product. The vinyl mats come in a variety of colors such as black, grey, blue and camouflage. They feature a non-skid textured surface and are easy to work with during installation. These molded vinyl mats are perfect for your truck, van or taxi cab.

There are times when carpeting is not the appropriate floor covering for a vehicle. From a pickup truck or SUV that spends their time off-road or at the construction site to a taxi cab shuttling people through the city, our rubber or vinyl flooring is the heavy duty alternative."

What vehicle are you looking for - you never specified and your avatar is a little difficult to identify the vehicle.

Clutch

<---Pass
Really - I could have sworn it mentioned something about vinyl and rubber - perhaps I'm confused. :)

This is what the website says...

"Rubber and Vinyl Flooring Mats for Cars, Trucks and Vans...."

That company doesn't make rubber flooring for 4Runners, they stop at '95 for the trucks too...

sweet trav

Adventurer
a new carpet kit wouldn't be bad but I think the rubber would suit my needs more...maybe I'll call and inquire about making one for the 4runners. Thanks for the link, it's good to have their info.

raihan97

rubber flooring

Kodiak rubber flooring has enjoyed an excellent name within the business for over thirteen years and employed by the foremost discriminating shoppers in several military, collegial and high faculties across by us. Kodiaksports Rubber flooring is on the market in interlocking rubber floor tiles and Rolled Rubber Flooring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears