Rubicon diff parts

dumprat

Adventurer
I have rubicon front locker that needs parts. I need one side gear and two sets of spider gears. Anybody know a good source for them? The dealer only wants to sell the complete unit. Thanks.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately the dealer may be your only option unless you can find someone selling a complete unit cheaply that has a bent housing with good center parts.

Modeler

W1DCS
Ran into the same problem a couple years ago and had to replace the whole unit. Dana/Spicer does not sell the parts individually. I lost a tooth on both of the spider gears on mine.

titleguy

Observer
The only way I know to get parts is to scavenge them off of broken diffs. That's why a lot of people go to aftermarket when they break. FYI, the front is supposedly stronger than the rear because some parts are thinner in the rear to accommodate the limited slip that works when the locker is unlocked. Many people put a front diff in the rear when they break a rear diff.

Ask on pirate and you may be able to find some parts cheap.

JPK

Explorer
Take off parts seem the best shot at getting the required pieces cheap.

What year Rubicon, there have been changes...

dumprat

Adventurer
Up to 06. The air operated type. The spiders and one side gear is broken. I want to upgrade it to four spiders and have a couple other tricks up my sleeve.

dumprat

Adventurer
As much as everybody is in love with ARb they aren't without their problems as well. I will put in a detroit before an ARB

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
A quick look a factory parts lists, do not show separate parts. 1ea locker assembly.
Case bearings are available, but not anything internal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online