RubiTuan - Anvil 2dr JKR Build

(none)

Adventurer
Nice looking Jeep. Nice to see other 2dr Rubicons around here. Lets see some pictures of it dirty!

I have the same mudflaps on mine with 35s. As noted, the tires do stick out past them a bit, but they do help a lot with keeping the doors and door handles clean in the nasty stuff. They are pretty flexible too, I haven't ripped one off yet.

Keep it up.

sdsviet

Observer
[October 2015]

After coming back from Overland Expo, I realized I need better organization in my jeep. While reading on the forums I came across a thread on creating a shelf right above the roll bars in the back. I have seen a few and contemplated on purchasing them but they all were just very expensive and this thread was exactly the kind of inspiration I needed. Now time to head over to the container store. Picked up a 16" x 48" Elfa rack and pulled out the Dremel. After cutting to fit, I weaved drawer liner thru to give it a grippy feel and cover up all the silver in the shelf. I didn't need it to be all shiny in my car. It tilts down a little in the back because I got lazy and didn't cut it exactly but I'll have a bungee attached up there to keep stuff from falling out. I haven't put anything up there at the moment since this was just completed a couple of days ago.

05f960744b2c4580b3b8cc04164e7a20.jpg

e019fe442b23fcbdb6342880d7b946ed.jpg

5c10cde48fdfaec40dba1b03133180e5.jpg

The bungee nets came in and started figuring out which was best for the top. I ordered 2, one was stretchy bungee all around and one was just a nylon net with bungee around the edges. I ended with the all bungee one since the other net already had frayed and loose holes in the netting. That was the cheaper of the two and I could tell the quality wasn't great at all. It also came with sticky pucks that you can adhere to the corners to set it up. It might still be use later for the tailgate. Well the all bungee net came with 12 plastic hooks all around the net and I just lopped the corners around the roll bar and the rear of the shelf. Because the shelf tilts down, the front is left open so I can just slide stuff in and not worry about stuff falling out.

451ad5cfdeb897394c378885074dd420.jpg

e89dbe94edaa233dd9981e91dc372df2.jpg

I put a metal basket I got from the container store to test and it fits perfectly sideways in the groove but it's sorta a pain to slide in from the front. I don't see myself ever sliding it thru the back until I have a hardtop. I might just return the basket for now.

264af8a813d6eeacd4f784b6318fb402.jpg

That is all for now. I'll keep posting as new stuff arrives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JimKav

Dig the shelf. How did you attach it to the rollbar? I've used my spider net for similar but like yours better. Would like to do the same
Thanks

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
Interesting concept. I'm game planning a way to put a shelf in a similar spot, but it will have to fold up and down for access to the AR-15 I'll be mounting on it. Haven't quite figured it out yet.

Anyhow, I like what you did with yours. It's a plus that it's light weight too.

sdsviet

Observer
For now it's just held on with heavy duty zip ties. For the ar15, there is a company that makes a fold down lockbox but it bolts to the bottom of your hard top roof. It's pretty pricey tho.

IndyRubicon

Globetrotter
For now it's just held on with heavy duty zip ties. For the ar15, there is a company that makes a fold down lockbox but it bolts to the bottom of your hard top roof. It's pretty pricey tho.

Yeah, I saw that somewhere too, but took notice of the price and was slapped in the face by sticker shock. Do you remember the name of the company?

sdsviet

Observer
Yep, that's the one. My previous Jeep had a cargo net in that spot and I would put things between the hardtop and the net, which worked out good depending on what it was. A cargo net is not ideal for a rifle, but I like the use of that particular space.

I know what you mean. If I knew how to weld, I would be making way more stuff. This might be the next thing I learn. Hehe

unkamonkey

Explorer
Check out a local community college to learn how to weld and generally, you can do some side projets while you are there. Actually, it isn't that hard to do.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Great build! :beer:
Super organized and tidy. :drool:
I wouldn't worry about your mudflaps getting ripped off. I had the same ones, and abused them terribly. Just had some scuffing and gouges along the bottom edge.
Keep up the great work, and get out wheeling! :)

sdsviet

Observer
Thanks guys on the comments. Yea I'm deciding on saving up for some led headlights, don't know which yet. Also for the rugged ridge snorkel, a 2-3inch lift and 10a bumpers. I snoozed on 10a front locally and been regretting it ever since. I will most likely steer towards headlights because the oem ones are aweful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears