Sam's 84 Expo Build

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
Well with school starting back up and working part time, I finally found a bit of time to get some work done on the yota. I couldnt see out the back of the 4runner because of the tire carrier so I decided to mount my backup camera that I bought from amazon. A total of 30 bucks and it works wonders. I also mounted my CB radio and antennae and printed off new decals to replace the ones that I peeled off since no one could see them. Also did a couple TRD bedside decals.

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
Not much work has been done to either trucks lately. I did go out to Uwharrie National Forest with some of the guys from my University for a community service trail workday. Now I have an idea of how much my truck is capable of hauling haha. We were assigned the job of hauling rocks to fill in the creek crossings where they took up the wooden pilings. Did several trips loaded with rocks in the back roughly 1500lbs-2000lbs each load. Not bad for a quarter ton pickup haha.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looking good. Which back up camera did you get? Comes with screen and camera? I need one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
KCCO.

nice rigs dude

Thanks man, KCCO to you also!

Looking good. Which back up camera did you get? Comes with screen and camera? I need one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought the screen and backup camera off of amazon. Its a cheap setup, but works great for what I want it for.

Amazon.com: 3.5 Inch TFT LCD Monitor for Car / Automobile: Car Electronics
Amazon.com : Waterproof Car Rear Vehicle Backup View Camera High-definition Cmos 170 Degree Viewing Angle E363 : Electronics

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
A lil update: Added a new hood decal. Its hard to tell in the pics, but the decal is silver. Also have started placing orders on new parts. The pickup will be getting slightly more lift, decided to do rears up front to stretch the axle forward 2 inches or so and then do a high steer setup on the truck. Pics soon to come as parts begin rolling in.

Also about a week ago we got a ton of snow here in NC. Well that weekend my friend and I decided a trip up to the mountains was in order to do a little bit of snow wheeling. So off to Blowing Rock we went. Here are some pics from the trip:

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
I have slept in the back of it several times in the rain now. I did roughly 15 or so camping trips last year and the soft top has been awesome. If it is just an absolute downpour the top leaks around the seams a tiny bit. If its raining that hard I throw my tarp ontop and tie it down to keep the rain out. In moderate to light rain it has been great with virtually no leaks. I also found that my cot fits int he bed perfectly. Heres a pic of my sleeping setup when camping.

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
Mini update: ordered a winch last week for $150 bucks shipped. Figured for $150 Id take a stab at it. Well brown santa showed up today while I was at home sick. So opened up the box to check on things, boy its looks pretty awesome.

Sam Huynh

Village Idiot
Got my new 10k winch installed on the pickup today. Install went fairly easy. Had to trim the grill a bit to get the winch to fit, and decided to do a side mount solenoid box until I can relocate it to the engine bay. Very happy with the purchase overall. Cant beat it for $150. Hooked the cable to a tree and respooled the winch today for a test and although slow works awesome. Also recently repainted my DCs on the 4runner. I like the black wheels much better than the polished alum. And lastly a messing around picture for good measure. Drove my truck up on the 4runner's tire and tried to snag a pic. Found out the e-brake needs some adjusting haha as it started to slip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior