SAR H3

superbuickguy

Explorer
I'm envious your weather ;)

Today's joy was replacing batteries... sigh - I hate having to use goodwill* to get something changed, the batteries may not be the problem; but I took the H3 to them, and we tossed it on the tester... it said marginally bad, then later in the day (they had to order the batteries in) they tested the batteries again, and the machine said they were in great shape... ARGH!!!!! I traded them anyway because it didn't do a load test on the batteries; but only time will tell whether or not that was the problem. Those batteries were 9 months old.

*I try to be a good customer and only bring stuff back that is clearly defective

underdrive

jackwagon
spot lights? I've thought about them, but they don't clear the parking garage or my garage.... carrying one of these and putting it on top when the need arises...
Nah, not the roof-mount search lights, those really only work if they are way up high and above anything else on the vehicle. I was talking about the ones that normally go through the A-pillars, Unity is one of their best known manufacturers. They are very well made, fully rebuildable, and easy to customize to your needs, heck you can even build your own if you so wish. Check them out here: http://www.unityusa.com/Spotlights_c_98.html

superbuickguy

Explorer
Nah, not the roof-mount search lights, those really only work if they are way up high and above anything else on the vehicle. I was talking about the ones that normally go through the A-pillars, Unity is one of their best known manufacturers. They are very well made, fully rebuildable, and easy to customize to your needs, heck you can even build your own if you so wish. Check them out here: http://www.unityusa.com/Spotlights_c_98.html

there's an airbag on the windshield post.

superbuickguy

Explorer
back to the rack... I've come down with whatever the flu/cold-du-jour is; so I was moving pretty slowly

Buick helped, the paradox is if I started the car he's in, he'd head for the hills.
but it makes a good dog house

so there it is, I'm not impressed with the light output, but it's 100% better than what was on there before... so there could be an upgrade...
​

underdrive

jackwagon
Do you get glare in your mirrors from those rack corner lights? What about the curved light bar above the windshield, does it not reflect off the hood?

Btw nice parking job with the Stingray and whatever (FJ40?) is levitating above it :D

superbuickguy

Explorer
no glare, I don't have to aim the lights very low.

sometimes I have to stack them... the FJ is my current project, the C3 was a couple years ago project (as if they're ever done). In the wings, I'm finishing up a D2 Discovery diesel, muddling through a 3.6L vvt twin turbo CTS powered Fiat spider, and the long term is a 50 Buick sedanet... some watch tv, I dink with cars.

superbuickguy

Explorer
some minor, recent mods.
my NAV stereo's screen is dying and the CD player refuses to release the CD that's currently in it... so update we go

4100 NEX by Pioneer. It doesn't have GPS, but it has android auto so I can display anything my phone will display. If I utterly hate that, I can add GPS to this stereo.

out with the old

in with the new

I'm also reconfiguring my shelf

now with roll out shelf

and the ability to carry water

superbuickguy

Explorer
Well, that was fun :)
Nice and clean before the Nitro axle trail run

Buick had fun too

backside of Steven's Pass ski resort

Fish lake

Dusty H3

it is deceptive how flat that looks compared to how steep and narrow it is...

Nice view in the country

it got a bit warm, though

superbuickguy

Explorer
wow, it's been a whole rally since I posted on here. Just an update.
This radiator lasted 3 years.

so I bought an all aluminum one. I've had good luck with these - they're chinese - so they were the go-to this time as well

getting the old one out wasn't terribly hard - especially since I just did it.

So let's get this out of the way - it is NOT a perfect fit. It is close. I had to trim a bit for the cooler, find a new way of attaching the shroud, modify the upper bracket and get rubber mounts for the radiator (they don't use rubber with the plastic)

but it doesn't leak

and that is always good. Best of all, the radiator is now, actually, repairable. It costs about $30 more then a replacement (110 vs. 140)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online