Sawtooth Unlimited - Off Road Pop Top Camper Trailer

ITTOG

Looking good. Excited to see it finished. Looks like the new rivit gun is much better.

On the gaps you mentioned in the floor, how much flex does the floor have, if any.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

stomperxj

Explorer
Looking good. Excited to see it finished. Looks like the new rivit gun is much better.

On the gaps you mentioned in the floor, how much flex does the floor have, if any.

Thanks (y) I actually bought the Neiko rivet gun first but realized it wouldn't fit in tight spots so I got the HF too. The HF is just a bad design but it will work now that I have an idea of why it jams up. Floor has a tiny bit of flex but I'm also putting a 3/8 rubber mat down for flooring. The Teroson will remain slightly flexible too.

Last edited:

stomperxj

Explorer
A bit more progress. Got the small panel in front of the road side fender well done and installed. Made a proof of concept of the roof hinge I designed. Seems to work pretty good. Got some lights ordered. Most of them have shown up. Started laying out the curb side wall for lamination. The grey parts you see are the conduit and the aluminum sq tube is so I have something substantial to screw the entry door into. Foam is all cut and fitted. New vid at the bottom of the post

-Jess

sm-0521.jpgsm-0524.jpgsm-0526.jpgsm-0527.jpgsm-0525.jpgsm-0522.jpg

jwiereng

Thanks for the video and showing how you build.

Thinking about laminating my own panels. As you mentioned the fibreglass type of skins are costly. They are also not locally available on a small quantity.

Do you think metal skin would work well bonded to foam?

ITTOG

Can't wait to see the walls cut out and on the trailer. Looks great so far.

stomperxj

Explorer
Finally got some time to cut the wall panel out. I left the door area in so I don't break the panel before its glued on. Second image is reversed so I can see it on the correct side :)

New vid link at the bottom

IMG_20191005_154135.jpg

IMG_20191005_154149_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle