Sawtooth XL

Vegas722

Sawtooth xl

The Sawtooth got a new cabinet, in the cabin. I decided to, "not reinvent the wheel", so I bought a ready to assemble cabinet. The cabinet was 12" deep, which overwhelmed the cabin, so I assembled the cabinet box and cut It in half, making the whole thing 6" deep. This is just the right depth for things like your glasses, keys, cell phone, etc. it also serves as a spot for the DVD player & movies.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    497.1 KB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 35

stomperxj

Explorer
I had planned on some sort of cabinet/shelf in the cabin and never did it. Looks great Mark! As usual... clean work :)

andysgreenxj

Observer
The trailer looks great! Im glad to see that it went to someone that was planning to finish it off as nicely as you have...I had watched this build almost from the start, and have gotten many ideas for the next trailer I'm planning to build...I can only hope that mine will look half as good as this one...:coffeedrink:

indiedog

Adventurer
Looking good Mark. What's your plan for stopping things bouncing all over the place inside the cabinet? Or will you only be driving on sealed roads? :sombrero:

Vegas722

I solved that problem by making a shelf out of the left over material from the cabinet box. The back of the cabinet came with a groove cut in it. This was for a "back" to the cabinet that I didn't use. I cut the shelf, keeping the groove ( see photo) then I ripped a 2" piece out of the back material & glued it in the groove, on the new shelf. This created a "dam" which will prevent items from falling out of the cabinet, when the doors are opened. The bottom of the cabinet will hold the DVD player & movies.

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey
This has been one of the best builds on the forum and it's great to see someone appreciate the efforts that were put into the initial build. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
One of my fav builds for sure, great to see it in its new incarnation.

Nice work, sweet new interior! Cant wait to see it 100% done (like the ever really are done).

pete.wilson

Adventurer
Hey

Anymore changes planned? How is it sleeping when it's cold outside?

P.S. Stomperxj.....Have you started your new build yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears