Say NO to Rock Auto.

Explorer0863

Adventurer
When I bought my first Rover back in 98 and not knowing any better, I used to go to the local parts store and ask them: I am looking for xxxxx parts for my Land Rover. The response: Who makes that, Toyota? Oy vey! That's how much knowledge most of them have.

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i wonder if buying local, even if it costs a bit more would have resulted in a better outcome?

KyleT

Explorer
I had some lame experiences with rock auto. They are like amazon without the benefits. Never again. Your order is not worth it them.

Worst was tire rack with some brake pads. Some ceramic akebono performance pads for a P38. Did not fit. The backing plate and paint or whatever it was coated with did not fit the caliper. I had to grind it off because the guy wouldn't do anything. Didn't believe me even when I sent pics... And they were the crappiest pads I have ever used. Almost as bad as ebc....

I don't fault the op, there should be some qc especially for a safety item such as BRAKE CALIPERS..... And just because it didn't make any noise doesn't mean it wasn't rubbing....

Using ebc, well I still don't get that people buy them for these trucks. On a race car they work. On a land rover, not so much.

Oh and britcrap, Eric britpart, have had horrible luck with both pan gaskets, cross seals and head gaskets from them...genuine and elring work better IMO.

EIGHTLUG

Observer
To me, something looks very off and it's not the caliper. If you look at the wear mark that the brake pad leaves there's an additional 1/2" or so of material on the outermost portion of the rotor that is not being contacted by the pad. Take a quick measurement of your old rotor and compare it to the new ones. I'd bed the older ones are smaller diameter.

rotor.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater

Members online