SC to CA

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
I plan to take a trip across the US from SC to CA and back. I would like to use back roads and off road trails as much as possible for the whole trip, I would like to explore the rockys and all of its glory as much as possible, I plan on camping most of the time in the back of my truck and plan on doing some mountain biking. I have made a public Google map for everyone to give me some ideas on trails and roads to take. Thanks Guys and cant wait to make the trip and keep everyone updated.

Here is the Link to the map
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...=35.85344,-100.371094&spn=19.928566,43.286133

Last edited:

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
Man thanks for that looks pretty cool and pretty much my idea in a nut shell. i would really like if folks would star some places on the map that they know about or have been that way I can plan the trip aroud those places to make sure I get the best out of the experience thanks in advace guys.

crismateski

American Adventurist
looking at your map, I would say, ditch the 15fwy (vegas to barstow) and catch the Mojave trail, if you want info on stuff in the SoCal area, I can give you more details depending on what you want.

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
Thanks for the input I am looking for that trail or a map of the whole trail now to add to my map

Last edited:

crismateski

American Adventurist
This site has all the info you need, maps, gps way points, a message board just for the trail http://www.mojave-road.com/

I would recommend getting the Mojave Road Guide by Dennis Casebier there is a link to it from the previous page, or you can find it on desert usa (lots of trip ideas) or amazon

suntinez

Explorer
This is not an offroad destination map, but shows plenty of interesting things along the way. Cause it's a long way between SC and UT. You can search by state or various road trips in an area.

The San Juan Mountains in southwest CO are not to be missed. I'd heard people raving about this area for years before getting there last summer. Now I get it, it is indeed epic and intersects the TAT for part of the way.

Last edited:

SirWilliamGoes

Adventurer
WOW!!! Hard to believe that i originally wanted to start this journey almost 4yrs aog.

Guess What!

THE TIME IS NOW!!! After years of well Life, I have finally determined that if I keep on waiting for the right time then I will continue waiting my whole entire life so therefore I have spoke to everyone that matters with the exception of work since I plan on just kind of dipping out and hopefully I can come back if not then ol'well!! I am making the final preparations to go on the trip and by preparations I am buying some camping gear this month camping little bits here and there to determine what I will bring with me and I am also trying to obtain some help by way of sponsorship from companies with some essential items such as RTT and Tires. If I dont get these items then i will just be purchasing some all terrain tires. I will be making the trip solo in my 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trails Premium that I recently acquired this is her!

4runner.jpg

I will be taking the Trans America Trial the majority of the way camping out of, hopefully a RTT provided by a sponsor if not then I will be sleeping in the back of the 4runner, and documenting the trip on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and a few forums this being one of them. I am very excited to take this trip and forgot to tell everyone the biggest caveat of them all. I have NEVER been camping, this should be an interesting adventure.

So, stay tuned as I will be quitting my job, packing up, and leaving everything I know April 1st - 30th 2016

lbwhotrod

We are making the same trek but one way from GA to CA. We are leaving the second week of April and heading towards CO and UT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998