Scepter can pour spouts

Casper

Adventurer
So, like everyone I have been having issues getting fuel from my scepter can to my gas tank. As I live in Cali, I can't order the non-carb spout. When I got the cans from AT they gave me a carb legal spout. This one.

IMG_2408.jpg

We all know it. You usually end up spilling more fuel then you get in the tank. I thought about getting a Super Syphon, but you need to have the can higher than the gas tank, and well, my X is quite tall. So that was out. I have tried to think of anything with no luck. Then I went to the hardware store and picked up a little 2.5 gallon gas can for my snow blower. It came with this.

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

As you can see it is a funnel to use with a carb-legal spout to fuel vehicles. I though, well lets give it a try. Yep it worked, and I didn't spill a drop. The downside was it didn't let air into the fuel can while pouring. That meant it would take 10 + minutes to drain the can. This was not good. So back to the bench. When looking at the spout while it is open you can see where the air is suppose to go in, to let fuel out. It is the "center" hole.

IMG_2410.jpg

If you line up the funnel with the spout, you can see where you need to put a hole in it.

IMG_2411.jpg

Now just dill a hole.

IMG_2407.jpg

Once the hole is drilled just make sure it is lined up with the hole in the spout .

IMG_2412.jpg

That's it. It works great and when pouring the can into the tank I lose absolutely no fuel, and the can empties in a minute or less. Simple and cheap. Heck, you could even call it free since I never would have used it with the 2.5 can.

So if you haven't thrown your carb-legal spout away, here is your way to use it. If you still don't want to use that one, then pm me and I will give you my address so you can ship it to me. :coffeedrink:

Cheers
Casper +8
:smiley_drive:

RJ40

Adventurer
Dumb question....where does one go about getting a CARB legal Scepter can spout?

Cheers!

Casper

Adventurer
Dumb question....where does one go about getting a CARB legal Scepter can spout?

Cheers!
When you could still purchase the cans in the US, I believe some retailers would sell them with the cans. At least that's how I got mine. AT gave it to me when I bought the cans. I would assume you can't get them anymore, so this won't work unless you already have one. Sorry.

Casper

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
So does this mean you have been spilling fuel all over the place for the past 4 years? And it's only now you have come up with this brilliant solution :sombrero:

Casper

Adventurer
So does this mean you have been spilling fuel all over the place for the past 4 years? And it's only now you have come up with this brilliant solution :sombrero:

Remarkably I have not spilled much fuel at all. Thats the up side, the down side is that it would usually take me over 5 minutes of holding the can up to empty it. That, or use a buddies "super siphon" :victory:

Casper

CJCA

Adventurer
They cannot ship to the US...

They shipped original style nozzles to Califronia as recently as 4 or 5 weeks ago, no questions asked. However I ordered them on their automated website.

If you call them up and ask if they will illegally ship the restricited nonCARB nozzle to some CARB restricted state, they may not be nearly as accomodating to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78