Scepter Jerry can question

eodcoduto

I very much discourage anyone from using a wrench to tighten the cap on MFCs. You'll eventually crack the cap in half from overtightening them.
Having a fitted wrench for OPENING these jugs is a useful thing.

I agree, we only use the wrench to loosen them since they tend to jam up and it takes two people to unscrew them. These are also on Marine Corps jugs that haven't lived the best life.

aaen

Adventurer
Hand tighten is the way to go, the wrenches are for when they’re stuck, usually from the following. Pressure differentials is what causes them to jam. Temp is the number one. Also vibrations from driving tend to tighten them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J!m

The Atlantic British cans are good but they open a bit rough and I wasn't cognizant of the pressure change from sea level to 10k+ feet. Shot a hell of a stream of gas six feet over my shoulder, covering me as well. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake again but they still make me nervous.

“Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.”

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
“Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.”
When i finely worked up the nerve to open the second bomb/can I was more careful. I opened it very slowly letting the pressure escape. Once it was open I stared at it in amazement at the vast amounts of fumes coming out of it. After almost a minute of it being open to atmosphere like this it spit at me, luckily it missed. Very strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle