Scepter MFC can order...Any interest?

SC-Surfer

Observer
All the ones I've seen on ebay are a lot more than that. Do you have a user name for him? At $10 each that would be a lot easier!! I'll still keep working on the group buy for new ones, but I'd like that as a backup plan if we come up short on quantity.

mattman8706

Observer
I don't think he's on here. Also, I'm not sure if he sells all of his stock at that price, but I'm sure it wouldn't be much more for the select stuff.

If anyone is interested, PM me for an email address.

(I'd rather not put it up in public for spam reasons).

PM sent :wavey:

crusader

Adventurer
PM sent for 2 tan plus 1 spout. Can we specify for gasoline? I understand the gaskets are different?

Don't want to distract from the topic, but I don't know if the scepters come in tan for fuel, just water. The fuel cans generally come in "fuel" colors (Yellow=Diesel, Red=Gasoline, and Blue=Kerosene) and OD green for the military. The the tan water cans shouldn't be used for fuel.

EDIT--I stand corrected. It looks like they come in tan, according to the Scepter web page.

Last edited:

SC-Surfer

Observer
Hi all, yes, still taking orders. Need a few more to make the bulk purchase. Please see the instructions in the first post of this thread if you want to be added to this order.

As for colors, by all means request what you want. I can't promise you will get them, but you'll know before you have to pay any $$. Basically, the prices listed for different colors varies. I have the buy set up for the lowest possible cost. If that means only one color, then that's what I'll have to do, but I will ask if I can mix and match and still get the same price. I'll let everyone know before I order. As for Diesel vs. petrol, let me know what you want. I'll order petrol unless you specify otherwise. Only difference is the gasket, and the cap strap color.

I still need a few more committed buyers to make the group buy quantity so keep 'em coming. Tell your friends, neighbors, relatives...

I'll run this until this weekend and then do a tally and see if it's going to happen. I'll contact all of you directly that have sent me emails at that time.

Thanks,

Monte

Mugless

emailed for:
4 - 20L Military for gasoline, Olive Drab (red strap)

In case anyone needs to know:

The cans made for gasoline have the needed Viton gasket, the diesel cans do not.
The 20L Military Gasoline cans only come in Olive Drab with a red strap on cap.
The Diesel come in OD, Sand and Tan (RAL 1019) with either yellow or color matching cap straps.

The civilian can that comes in red has a smaller cap & gasket, with one handle instead of the classic 3 handled jerry style, and are of lighter duty construction.

SC-Surfer

Observer
OK all, I need to wrap this up over the weekend, one way or another.

I have quite a few of you committed to buy. On a rough tally, I think that if everyone actually follows through, this will happen. I'll do a final tally on Sunday evening and know for sure.

To answer a few questions...

Color: As I mentioned to some of you, I'll try to meet your color preference, but if I have to order only one color to get the deal, I'll let you know what color in advance and give you the chance to opt out.

Import tariff: I'm still working on that one. That will be one of the deciding factors. I'm still trying to nail that one down. I'll hopefully know more in a few days.

What if they get confiscated at the border: Well, I sure hope that doesn't happen. Best I can tell from reading up on the laws, that shouldn't be a problem. They are only illegal to SELL in CARB compliant states. The border personnel have little interest in enforcing that law. Who's to say they are not destined for a non-CARB state. Actually possessing them is not against the law, only selling them in CARB states. They will actually be purchased in Canada...not illegal. Someone could make a case that I'm selling them to you all, in a CARB state, but unless someone rats me out we'll be ok. I'll also be invoicing everyone for 'used storage containers'. There is no restriction on the sale of used personal property as far as I know.

If they DO get held up at the border, you'll get your money back. I'm not in this to take your dough. That's the beauty of Paypal, I can easily refund your money should something go wrong. I'm just hoping that is not a problem.

I'll iron out the details over the next week or so.

I'll be sending out an email to everyone who has contacted me for the group buy in a few days. I'll also post a message here saying I sent the email. If you see the message here but don't get a personal email it means i don't have your order. We'll fix that if/when it happens.

Also, some of you have requested water cans. I'm ok with putting them in with the order, but they are available cheaper on the web. Try www.buyLCI.com. Those who still want to get them with this order, no problem. I'll invoice you for them. Just wanted you to have the option to save a few bucks.

Thanks, and as always, pm me with any questions.

jgolden

Adventurer
Great!!!!
Thank you for all your hard work!!!

One question - Fill spouts?
Are you buying them as well?
Are they hard to find in USA?

thanks

SC-Surfer

Observer
Well folks, not sure what to do now....

I have the customs stuff worked out. I have a freight company ready to bring in a pallet, and you all are ready to go but...

I haven't gotten any reply to my emails from the supplier. I got a quote back before I started this thread and they requested I give them a heads up on quantity before placing the order so they would be sure to have stock on hand. I replied that I would do so.
After gathering all your requests I sent an email off with the info, and asking a couple of questions about mixing colors in the order and such. Now, no reply back in almost 2 weeks, even after a follow up email.
I have to say, I'm a little frustrated as I have spent a lot of time getting everything lined up. I'm not sure what to do now. I'll give them another couple of days to respond, but if they don't I fear we are dead in the water. I just don't have enough time to keep at it.
I'll let you all know what I find out, if anything.

Stand by.....

Monte

SC-Surfer

Observer
Ok, for those who didn't get an email from me, this deal is dead. My supplier in Canada has dropped off the face of the earth. Don't know what happened, but no longer getting any replies. Sorry all, I did what I could. I guess we're all stuck with the offerings on eBay.

Thanks,

Monte

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179