Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

TwinStick

Explorer
I guess my next question would be:

Is it possible to order a Schutt x2 or x3 stripped down with no kitchen, no electric ( other than road lights and brakes) ???

Vmfire

I guess my next question would be:

Is it possible to order a Schutt x2 or x3 stripped down with no kitchen, no electric ( other than road lights and brakes) ???
Yea. I just got an XV2 with dual batteries and rack lights but no other options.

Attachments

• 20230606_072442_resized.jpeg
    20230606_072442_resized.jpeg
    972.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230606_072419_resized.jpeg
    20230606_072419_resized.jpeg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 45

TwinStick

Explorer
Yes, I think that may be a better option for us. To get one stripped and add our own. Already have much of the stuff, like 2 gp 31 batteries, blue sea switches, buss bars, circuit breakers, fuses, marine 2 circuit battery charger.

Thanks for the help.

cs0430

If anyone within a full day's driving distance from San Diego is looking to part ways with their XV-2, please let me know! Thanks all.

2014 LEX 570 GA

This is thread as helpful, as I am in the market for a used XV3.

For those that have had issues with the factory installed water heater, has anyone tried replacing with the Joolca Hottap system? Seems like a nice product, made in Australia I believe. Believe it could service both the sink and a shower using the factory plumbing?

Superpanga

For those that have had issues with the factory installed water heater, has anyone tried replacing with the Joolca Hottap system? Seems like a nice product, made in Australia I believe. Believe it could service both the sink and a shower using the factory plumbing?
Just saw/responded to your post in the WTB section.

Vmfire

I have the spare tire so can’t speak for bikes. But can’t imagine it being an issue unless you mean on the top rack. That’s rated for 350# when not static I think. I have a tent and awning.

Attachments

• IMG_1543.jpeg
    IMG_1543.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1544.jpeg
    IMG_1544.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 19

Are you still looking for a XV3? I have a 2020 fully equipped but without the galley. It’s never been used and the only miles it’s seen is from Schutt Industries to my place in Idaho. My plans changed after it was delivered and I’ve decided to sell it.

scbeanx

I found an XV1(very bare bones, no power system, no front box, no water, and no lights). I have a Jeep JL four door with the 3.6, 4:10 gears. Does anyone have an XV1 or XV2 they tow with their Jeep? This XV1 would seem lighter than the standard XV2. I am going to call Schutt this week to see about the weight.

skipdup

Hello. I received my new, but '22 model, VX-2 DP yesterday. Will be towing behind a stock '23 Jeep JLUR 4xe. My goal with this is to take one (younger) kid at a time on shorter (???) camping trips. Just so we have some alone bonding time.

It seems the lights are mis-wired to the switches. Only two rack lights come on with rack light switch. The other three come on with the bed/galley switch. But I need to look again... and see if it's a simple fix.

I'm laughing at myself, because I'm like, OK, now what. In typical fashion, I think I've done ready, shoot, aim. :) And my experience level is low...

For now, I'm thinking I'll throw on a rtt, 270 canopy, shower enclosure, fridge, and maybe inverter and go out for a short, close trip and see how it goes. I usually buy the best ($$) equipment I can afford. But honestly, I'm thinking maybe going really budget with this. So much of this equipment seems silly expensive. Maybe an Amazon rtt ain't so bad...

I have 5x5 hubs on the way and supposed to pick up some Jeep take-off wheels and tires later today. Debating a rear spare tire carrier (I have flat tire phobia). Going to have to do some thinking on getting the trailer level, as it looks like the hitch is going to interfere with the Jeep swing out door/tire if the trailer is level.

Really excited about all this. I wish there was more info on-line. Seems/feels like not many people have these trailers...

Best,
Skip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior