Schutt Industries - Xventure Owners

I have a 2017 XV-3 Deluxe Plus. I really like it! I have I believe every available option, outfitted with the Alu-Cab Gen 3 tent and Awning.

Attachments

• 20181003_132632.jpg
    20181003_132632.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 206
  • 20181003_132645.jpg
    20181003_132645.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 206
  • 20181003_142115.jpg
    20181003_142115.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 205
  • 20181003_142132.jpg
    20181003_142132.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 203
  • 20181003_142047.jpg
    20181003_142047.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 198
  • 20181003_142106.jpg
    20181003_142106.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 193
  • 20181005_084231.jpg
    20181005_084231.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 194
  • 20181005_084310.jpg
    20181005_084310.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 206
  • 20181005_084339.jpg
    20181005_084339.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 206
  • 20181005_084426.jpg
    20181005_084426.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 201

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
I have a 2017 XV-3 Deluxe Plus. I really like it! I have I believe every available option, outfitted with the Alu-Cab Gen 3 tent and Awning.

Looks good!

Can you take a photo of those uprights? [bolt and two holes]
I see bolts in yours and I know they [at one point] were able to have the upright supports raise additional height [ not automatic yet]
Just curious; mine doesnt have the bolt but has a spce for where it would go.

Looks good!

I see bolts in yours and I know they [at one point] were able to have the upright supports raise additional height [ not automatic yet]

I'll post a pic up later. Yes the rack could be raised or lowered. They give caution with that, because you need to have basically 4 people raise each corner simultaneously. Also there are wires and things going through the uprights so you have to be careful. They also caution in going too high as it does effect the stability of the trailer depending on how much you have up there.

Looks good!

Kevin let me know if this gets you what you were looking for.

Attachments

• IMG_5626.JPG
    IMG_5626.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5627.JPG
    IMG_5627.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109

Kevin Braun

Mountain Biker
Kevin let me know if this gets you what you were looking for.

yeah, that works; figured that was what it was; and ive heard a story of it flipping with a RTT; issue was water tank wasnt full and too much weight up top....
I have the 2017 which doesnt have the "lift" option; interesting idea though.

emulous74

I picked up an XV-2 2011 Essentials Plus Demo a month or so ago, directly from Schutt. It was ARB's demo, 2 battery system, 22 gal water tank, hot water heater, large tongue box, kitchen with built in stove and sink, and their upgraded wheels. I had them add the struts to the elevated 80/20 rack. Used it for the first time at Expo East. Overall really happy with the purchase, all though there is some weird wiring, and the water tank is made up of two tanks with to large of a partition between them. Was told they changed the design later. Schutt doesn't offer an "lift" system for the XV-3 yet, they don't believe the side walls can handle it. Being all Aluminum I didn't have a problem buying a demo model and was in great shape when I picked up.

I have an Alu-Cab RTT and their Shadow Awn on it now, need to take pictures with it. Bought adapters and ZR2 wheels for it that I need to get on it.

Also bought an Engel 45 Combi Fridge/Freezer at Expo East that will be put into the tongue box, but the fridge doesn't like the wiring in the trailer so will have to connect it directly to the battery.

yeah, that works; figured that was what it was; and ive heard a story of it flipping with a RTT; issue was water tank wasnt full and too much weight up top....
I have the 2017 which doesnt have the "lift" option; interesting idea though.

Kevin,

Mine is a 2017 as well. Its a very manual process to lift it. I am a short person (5'8") so I don't mind it where its at, its perfect. I have the AluCab tent which is not light and I also have the AluCab Shadow Awn, so definitely some weight up there. I do typically keep the water tank full. I think you just have to use common sense when on trials.

I wish they made the kitchen table for the XV-3, I am going to look to see if I can make something like that work on it.

I picked up an XV-2 2011 Essentials Plus Demo a month or so ago, directly from Schutt. It was ARB's demo, 2 battery system, 22 gal water tank, hot water heater, large tongue box, kitchen with built in stove and sink, and their upgraded wheels. I had them add the struts to the elevated 80/20 rack. Used it for the first time at Expo East. Overall really happy with the purchase, all though there is some weird wiring, and the water tank is made up of two tanks with to large of a partition between them. Was told they changed the design later. Schutt doesn't offer an "lift" system for the XV-3 yet, they don't believe the side walls can handle it. Being all Aluminum I didn't have a problem buying a demo model and was in great shape when I picked up.

I have an Alu-Cab RTT and their Shadow Awn on it now, need to take pictures with it. Bought adapters and ZR2 wheels for it that I need to get on it.

Also bought an Engel 45 Combi Fridge/Freezer at Expo East that will be put into the tongue box, but the fridge doesn't like the wiring in the trailer so will have to connect it directly to the battery.

Nice looking trailer, I saw that for sale, you got a great deal on it. Can you elaborate on the dual water tank, does it create any issue if so what? Also, I don't understand about the wiring. Electricity is pretty basic. Either you have 12V and ground or you don't, why would your fridge not work with the wiring, could the wiring be compromised somehow? I would figure a way to run through he power system.

I have the inverter option in my XV-3. Unfortunately it does not have the external plugs like you have, which is not very useful. I plan to install some outdoor GFCI plugs and wire it into my inverter so I don't have to have the tongue box open when I have something plugged in.

emulous74

Nice looking trailer, I saw that for sale, you got a great deal on it. Can you elaborate on the dual water tank, does it create any issue if so what? Also, I don't understand about the wiring. Electricity is pretty basic. Either you have 12V and ground or you don't, why would your fridge not work with the wiring, could the wiring be compromised somehow? I would figure a way to run through he power system.

I have the inverter option in my XV-3. Unfortunately it does not have the external plugs like you have, which is not very useful. I plan to install some outdoor GFCI plugs and wire it into my inverter so I don't have to have the tongue box open when I have something plugged in.

In essence, the you don't get to use all the water in the tanks, because the pump is on one side. I ran out of water (or perhaps it froze?) at Expo East and I barely used any water, there is no way I went through even 11 gallons not to mention 22, Schutt basically said this was a problem, which is why they redesigned the partition to be smaller, they said some folks have actually changed out the tanks. I also had a problem with the water heater, which worked when I tried it out before I left, I could see the flame in the heater, but no hot water was coming out through the faucet or the shower, the heater also wasn't exhausting hot air. I haven't had a chance to see what's going on with it.

Chimp

Anyone have trouble keeping the lid locked on the tongue box? On my XV-2 the front wall of the tongue box will flex when you apply upward force to the locked lid allowing the lock hasp to slip off the pin.

emulous74

Anyone have trouble keeping the lid locked on the tongue box? On my XV-2 the front wall of the tongue box will flex when you apply upward force to the locked lid allowing the lock hasp to slip off the pin.

Yes, mine is like this too, I keep a ratcheting strap around it, as it's not a high priority problem with the list I got running.

Buffdeez

Hey All,

Just recently put a deposit on a XV1 to start a build. Cant wait to get end of February.
Had a quick question about attachment of racks. Are the points on the trailer walls are they "receivers" and the uprights slide into them?

Just looking at some different options for tent mounting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998

Members online