SCORE! Skamper 8ft pop-top for $200!

eugene

Explorer
Where did you get the siding from? I'm using 20" wide vinyl flashing from lowes and overlaping by an inch.

VicHanson

Adventurer
I saw the flashing at Lowe's and thought about using it. I ended up getting 4x8 sheets of white .040 aluminum from a friend who has an aluminum fabrication shop. Also used a couple of sheets of 4x10'.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
been hectic and forgot the updates..

got the old cut out..and just got it replaced yesterday night...glued and screwed in place..19/32 plywood and 2x4's with 2 1/2in decking screws..

IMG01012.jpg

IMG01014.jpg

todays trim pieces after hiking and before fireworks..

IMG01016.jpg

IMG01017.jpg

IMG01018.jpg

IMG01020.jpg

still alot to do..but mostly just skin and trim..and some sewing!!

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
got the repair work finnished lastnight!..

and adjusted the top so it sits square now...just gotta put the latches back on..

IMG01025.jpg

put a triangle piece in where all 4 structural pieces meet..made it alot more ridgid!
IMG01024.jpg

IMG01022.jpg

the caulking needs trimmed...but the whole camper is gonna get painted to better match the truck..so its no biggie..oh..and the plastic trim needs cleaned and reinstalled.
IMG01027.jpg

IMG01028.jpg

all in all...$60 in material and a few days putterin in the garage..

nows time for the cleanup!

Rot Box

Explorer
Nice work! :Wow1:

It takes an enormous amount of patience (which I definitely don't have) to properly repair water damage. My hats off to you sir :sombrero:

Libo1369

Another Skamper Score?

First time poster just bought my first popup slide in Skamper 95 for $150 but I am going to have to do some major overhaul on the roof. It looks like something fell on the front right and the roof has some water damage and a small hole. Any ideas on the best way to replace the roof? I will post some pics of my progress maybe start a thread for it though I think it will mostly be a please help me thread. The insides are great and the pop up rolls up and down nicely. Any ideas of what I should check or how to proceed. Brand new at this so ANY help or advice is nice. Thanks Travis

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
First time poster just bought my first popup slide in Skamper 95 for $150 but I am going to have to do some major overhaul on the roof. It looks like something fell on the front right and the roof has some water damage and a small hole. Any ideas on the best way to replace the roof? I will post some pics of my progress maybe start a thread for it though I think it will mostly be a please help me thread. The insides are great and the pop up rolls up and down nicely. Any ideas of what I should check or how to proceed. Brand new at this so ANY help or advice is nice. Thanks Travis

yer gonna need to pull the top off and get it down on the ground to fix..so a couple buddys...or some rope/straps and a tree..

ya gotta take all the trim plastic off (inside the aluminum track) to get all the screws out to get the canvas un-secured..

ya got some work to be done...but its totaly repairable..

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
decided to lighten up the inside...

before

DCP_8526.jpg

DCP_8525.jpg

after..not all got painted..just to keep some perspective and depth to it..and still have a second coat on a bit of it.
IMG01029.jpg

IMG01030.jpg

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
some updates!

got the old fridge out and sold ($100)...so my total in the camper is $160!!

but I spent some coin on LED foglights ($8 each set) and some LED wafer bulbs for the overheads..

the LED's are PERFECT for the site lighting...bright enough to read books by..and cook/whatever...switched individually by the side its on (to not draw bugs from all sides!)

put 2 on the awning side..one at the back door..and one on the driver side (just to light all the way around)...they arnt super brite..but plenty nuff for anything right around the camper!

(dont mind the big hole on the driver side..gotta tin the louvered cover from the old fridge)..

100_3765.jpg

theyre on
100_3772.jpg

100_3770.jpg

no flash..no low light setting on camera..
100_3773.jpg

with low light setting (actually about 75% of brightness seen here..) brighter than my 5LED headlamp!..bout maglight bright..
100_3775.jpg

100_3776.jpg

wafer LED light...80% as bright as the old single filiment bulbs..minimal amp draw..
100_3769.jpg

100_3768.jpg

Terrainist

Explorer
For the second time, where did you buy them ??? Pertinent information so that I or someone else can buy the exact same ones, please?

I'm in dire need of exterior lighting and ready to buy some of those fog lights right now at that price. Where did you buy them specifically ???

Last edited:

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
For the second time, where did you buy them ??? Pertinent information so that I or someone else can buy the exact same ones, please?

I'm in dire need of exterior lighting and ready to buy some of those fog lights right now at that price. Where did you buy them specifically ???

NOTICE!!...Im not involved/related/financially with these people..just bought some stuff...Im pleased with the quality..but I cant assume you will be also..

ok..thats coverd my hiney good!

wafer lights
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220606526416

fogs...I got these MUCH cheaper than they are listed currenly for!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270606494512&viewitem=

cheaper..still not what I paid
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-X-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb06141ad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman