Score!!

Caduceus

Adventurer
I was motivated by all you evil people to spend more money today.

Called around a couple surplus stores, found one still selling Jerry cans. I drive out there, and sure enough, a metal, not too-bad shape, jerry can, price $24.95! I was pretty impressed, since they seem to run $40-50 online. Anyway, I ask if they have more, and sure enough, out come 2 of the plastic, tan, surplus 20L jerry cans, in great condition (gaskets looked good, they sealed down well). For the same price! I don't know if they're "Scepter" or not, but I don't care that much :wings:

I snapped up the 2 plastic ones. If they're available cheaper, don't tell me - you'll kill my buzz! My fiance already tried.

So, does anyone think it's worth a return trip to snag the metal, for a total of 3 cans?

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
I can get you the plastic scepter cans for $35 all day long in NC. As for the metal ones, the NATO cans are the ones that are recommended not the US general issue ones. Easiest way to tell is to look for rolled seams and check the actual lid. Is it screw on or camming action?

-Sam

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Post a pic of the plastic can. Some are scepter style others aren't as rugged.

As for the Jerry can, those leak from the lid and vie seen them leak and split at the seams

-Sam

Caduceus

Adventurer
i'll try and get it up tonight or tomorrow.

BTW, since they're so common around you, do you have a source where I can get the nozzle (and car holder, if possible)?

Caduceus

Adventurer
DSC01722.jpg

DSC01721.jpg

greentruck

Adventurer
Post a pic of the plastic can. Some are scepter style others aren't as rugged.

I have a brown GI water can. It's got "Property of the US Government" cast right in the plastic across the top on both sides. I assume current issue fuel cans are the same.

I got mine from US Cavalry, $32.99.

They don't list a fuel can, although the GI water can comes in tan or OD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger