Scotch Sundays. Bring it.

psykokid

Explorer
1: My everyday is Macallan 12 year, but I'll pick up a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra from time to time. Not a fan of the Regular Glenlivet 15 or 18 year olds..

2: Macallan 18 year for special occasions. My wife even commented on how smooth it is.

3: Stainless Flask when out and about..

I gave my wife a glass of Laphoraig once and she wouldn't even drink it because it was too peaty and smoky smelling..

firephil

I'm a bourbon drinker so don't get crazy when I suggest the blended JW in black for regular occasions and green (blue is crazy expensive and doesn't taste much different) for nicer times. Haven't tried the new double black yet. The smoothness and smoky flavor of this drink is easy on everybody around you. Drink it neat or with a trace of water. easy easy easy!

Bourbon - Bulleitt frontier is pretty damn smooth. as well as buffalo trace and eagle reserve. If I'm making a manhattan (on the rocks of course!) its with Makers Mark.

Always carry in a hip flask of a size that is appropriate for your trip.....

sickchilly

Observer
Gentleman Jack everyday... it's just so smooth and clean. Goes with anything or nothing just as well. Sometimes Knob Creek or Maker's though...

For Scotch - Aberlour A'bunadh, Glenlivit 12 or 15, Glenfiddich. Sometimes a Walker Black. There aren't too many Scotches, Bourbons or Whiskeys I'll turn down when the bottle is passed!

bobDog

Expedition Leader
Bad Scotch is better than no Scotch......but my absolute favorite is Laphroaig!!!! Carry it in the bottle it came and carry a spare.:wings:

First off, I have to admit that I'm more of a bourbon guy, but here goes....

Everyday- Jim Beam. Always neat. Excellent in hot chocolate. And egg nog. And paired with a tobacco pipe. And.....

Special occasion - Roughstock. It's a local Montana company that distills with mountain water and local grains. Makes me thirsty just thinking about it.

For travel - Beam, in a hip flask. I'm about the only one I know that really enjoys it, so I don't need much :D

hochung

Adventurer
I am pretty much an alcoholic, so I usually do the cheap ones:

5816769045_6cc28b8865.jpg

or
5527763985_1101d7ec22.jpg

or
5463586935_a5971520a1.jpg

But given the choice, I like The Glenlivet
4880591097_ece45fc77f.jpg

Then I like trying the different colors:

5470769432_8d05a7ac51.jpg

6927810897_da6613241c.jpg

Also like non-scotch things:

5273000776_c09629eb64.jpg

4980950335_1bae68552a.jpg

Right now, I am on Crown Royal. Cheers.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
I am pretty much an alcoholic, so I usually do the cheap ones:

Then I like trying the different colors:

Also like non-scotch things:

]

Right now, I am on Crown Royal. Cheers.
Yeah but you're a good alcoholic right........good taste too.:sombrero:

willywaxer

I never acquired the taste for boggy, smokey Scotch. I have a sweet tooth, so prefer a good whiskey, especially if it is from my home state of Colorado. Stranahans is probably my favorite. For Kentucky bourbon, I like Blantons. I always have a bottle of one of these in my camping trailer.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I wish I'd seen this thread a week ago. My son's father in law is a Scotch drinker so my son is becoming a Scotch drinker. A customer gave me a bottle of Johnny Walker Black for Christmas, regifted it to my son. He really enjoyed that bottle. I decided to get him another bottle of something for his b-day, went to BevMo, turns out I know more about Scotch than the kid in the store did. I ended up getting him a bottle of Johnny Walker Gold. I had a sip with him...I could learn to drink the good stuff!

So, amongst true Scotch drinkers where does JW Gold rank? What would be a different type to get next time if he enjoys the Gold?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears