Scott B.'s Little Guy Offroad Teardrop Build

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Yessir. The best feeling is when you crawl out of your teardrop cocoon and see the snow. You think to yourself, "wow, I slept good..."
You might even feel guilty the first time. But you'll get over it.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
We spent 2 nights camping at Mt. Pisgah over the 4th. The kitchen is almost 1/2 done, but what was there worked great. The swiveling stove in really, really nice.

I was able to complete the bottom drawer before the trip, and get the bottle opener installed.

Here is a shot cooking breakfast:

Cooking Breakfast.jpg

dvsjw

Observer
Nice build!
I'm watching and learning. Of the kitchen add-in's and the drawer dividers are my favorite so far.

A quick question, on bumpy or off road trails do the things on the top shelf stay put or are they stowed elsewhere?

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Nice build!
I'm watching and learning. Of the kitchen add-in's and the drawer dividers are my favorite so far.

A quick question, on bumpy or off road trails do the things on the top shelf stay put or are they stowed elsewhere?

Right now, the items in the top shelf are stowed elsewhere.

There are plans in the works for a permanent storage system, so we can leave the items in the top shelf.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
the artist at work

103_zpsd32c8a90.jpg

Xrunner

Explorer
Thanks for posting the details of your upgrades!

Any feedback on the Scepter water can lid pump setup?

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Thanks for posting the details of your upgrades!

Any feedback on the Scepter water can lid pump setup?

It works great!

The pump was a little pricey, but so much nicer than the cheap ones. Water flows on both the upstroke and downstroke, and the pump handle just glides along almost effortlessly.

I do need to add a short piece of tubing to the end of the pump to be able to reach all the water in the can.

FlexdXJ

Adventurer
So did you deal directly with little guy on this? I've been looking but the closest ones in stock are hours away. The little guy plant is only a couple hours from me. Just trying to figure out the financing aspect of it all. $10k is way more than what lies in my bank account! :D

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
So did you deal directly with little guy on this? I've been looking but the closest ones in stock are hours away. The little guy plant is only a couple hours from me. Just trying to figure out the financing aspect of it all. $10k is way more than what lies in my bank account! :D

Not quite sure what you are asking here.

If you read the first couple of posts, I write about talking directly with the factory folks. But I did initiate the transaction through my local dealer (they do not sell direct.)

FlexdXJ

Adventurer
Ah gotcha, the "local" dealer is 3 hours away. I guess that's sorta what I was asking. Thinking of liquidating a few toys and getting into one of these. I can't do the roof top thing so one if these would fit me nicely and most importantly, Keep my fat *** dry at NAXJA winterfest and CFW.

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
Water Can Tie Down

As you saw from the previous pictures, the water can is not tied down to anything. I have been jamming towels around it and the Action Packer to keep them from moving around - but this would not work very well off-road.

As I may have noted before, I had to secure the water can before I could mount the vertical divider for the right side drawer stack (to make sure I left enough room for the water can.)

Here is right side of the kitchen:

K1.jpg

I decided to use a Quick Fist strap to secure the WC. They are strong, durable and easy to use.

First, I built a spacer to mount to the side of the trailer the same size as the bottom corner block. This spacer will contain/mount the strap also.

K2.jpg

K3.jpg

Installed:

K4.jpg

The hook end installed:

K6.jpg

A close-up of the hook. I opened and shortened a stainless steel eye loop, and slid a piece of PVC tubing over it.

K5.jpg

The result:

K7.jpg

For those wondering what the cutouts in the spacer block are for:

K8.jpg

It is a Lodge dinner bell triangle! We saw this in Cabela's one day, and thought it would be fun in the teardrop. There are some times on the trail when we cook for the group. This will be much easier than yelling or going to everyone's camp!

With the can secured, I mounted the vertical drawer-support panel.

K9.jpg

Now, to build the remaining drawers!

Last edited:

Hun

Expedition historian
Hoping to take the Teardrop back west soon!

Photo is from trip last year....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 89

Scott B.

SE Expedition Society
I built and installed 2 drawers over the weekend.

The top and bottom ones are the same size as the left side ones, so I built those first. The middle one will be the size of the pullout-stove combination. I thought to get the sizing correct, it would be easier to build/install the top and bottom ones, then measure for the middle.

In retrospect, not necessarily. I will build the 3rd drawer this weekend.

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

You can see we are also starting to lay out the top shelf organizer. We picked up fabric (duck cloth) over the weekend, so the sewing should start very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78