Scrap yard M100 Build

ry4a8y7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I have a couple of nights in my tent and I can say it is as as good as anywhere to sleep. I have used my ridge rest air pads in conjunction with the tent matress. My question to those who have similar trailers and have more experience is do I need to add stabilizers? I have found it to be very stable just with the parking brakes applied.

3uqyteta.jpg
a9u8e5as.jpg

I am falling behind on updates here. I got tired of a ratchet strap holding the tailgate closed. I saw a $5 Trailer lock that gave me an idea of how I can secure the tailgate.

Kflash

Adventurer
I have selected a green very similar to yours and have been debating over whether to color match the fenders or go black to match the black frame. The contrast looks really good. The only factor for me is that I have (outside of lights) been moving toward the stock configuration, so thought to be correct, go all green...decisions!

b459e0f83ea66bfed49da0079dab150c.jpg

OD colored duct tape worked covering the stock hinge openings but it was far from a permanent fix. I knocked it off the list today. I borrowed from the "M416 brother and I" build. Thanks for sharing and all of the inspiration.

It has been a while since I updated here. I just got back from a run up the west side of the Olympics to Donkey Creek. It is a beautiful spot to camp on weeknights. Unfortunately it is the last road to remain without a gate in NF land in that area that leads to the river. Trash and trashy campers on the weekends surely will result in closure.
Camped in a grove of alders I was able to unhook and push my trailer into a perfect spot on a rise looking over the gravel bar and river. I was the envy of the guys I met up with there with their ground tents. A chance of rain in the forecast gave us the area to ourselves. No rain just warm temperatures through the night.
Sorry but I just left my iPhone home since cell service doesn't work in this area. Nice to unplug for sure.
9048d6a8b09213141c6ea70ee778e3ab.jpg

A shot of my pole holder mounted in the lid. The rod and reel are protected tucked over along the edge even when loaded.

12c305e7c8702ac73fd6c0bc9df13f70.jpg

6da5f2147ef184f51328478af7af065c.jpg
11355efb71690bf7bfb976f913a367ae.jpg
cc67041bf3b8381bcb7c9f411633afe7.jpg
5a0c4792f790f0bb1d2751fb3bec76db.jpg

Just got back from towing my trailer through the Rubicon Trail. Lots of great spots camped but Rubicon Springs will be almost impossible to beat. There is a water crossing to camp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got back yesterday from a week at Hammer Town, Johnson Valley, CA attending the King of the Hammers races. This was my first time in the desert with my trailer. I didn't tow it behind my CJ5 like I did in September to the Sierra Nevada's. That was a whole different kind of adventure for sure. This time a friend was nice enough to tow it behind his new 2016 Jeep Wrangler JKU.

The end of last weekend provided below freezing temps and some blasting winds to go along with it. Wow it was cold! Taking few creature comforts I did have a heater and I was glad I had taken it for sure. My tent again amazed me at how it continues to take all the abuse and show no sign of wear in the process. The weather certainly got better as the week progressed. Hammer Town is the most amazing place I have ever seen and I had a blast.

I cooked off my the trailer box that was actually my grandfathers from the military. When I found it still had the addresses on it after he shipped it from Japan (the last place he was stationed after WWII) home. I made a simple frame and mounted it after I used a bedliner material to protect it from the elements. It is working nicely. I didn't do an update on that so I thought I would just mention it. I took a picture as the was setting on a great week in hammer Town and we had to pull out. 2100 miles round trip and we were back in the PNW rain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After over a year of use I am very happy with the Rustoleum spray on truck bed paint (rattle can my favorite). I used it on the lid and the interior.

I use action packers inside and am constantly sliding them in and out the tailgate. The grit on the boxes only scratched through on the outer edge and on the lid where I have strapped items directly to the lid while traveling. Today I did some touch up using one can. It blends and is super easy to get good results.
f092586331828961eaf2f6e43e93aa04.jpg
d986d3c3259c83fb6e320626df61f87c.jpg
9898e0ed495e680abd61e439cf99c7d7.jpg
da1818ba7f94b6b90af42e8fb823dfc9.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan