Sealed Shipping Continers

crusader

Adventurer
Hopefully this doesn't violate forum rules--I'm just passing on a good deal I found locally...

I went to my local surplus store and found some NEW Hardigg shipping containers at a great price! These are the fully selaed military/commercial style shipping containers with hinged lids and removable foam.

I picked up a couple for myself. They measure 24x18x18 and have humidity indicators and pressure relief valves and a removable foam insert that is cut out for...who knows what. They also had a bunch of slightly used (but in great shape) Pelican 1400 cases (a $65-$70 case).

I believe the Hardigg cases are part number AL226-1205 (a $350-$400 case) if my measurements are correct.

They are selling the Hardigg cases for $75 each and the Pelican cases for $30 each. If anyone wants me to go down and pick one (or more) of these up and ship them to you (in North America), e-mail me, (CelMark (at) myfairpoint (dot) net, and I'll see if they have any left.

4304804576_cfba10b3b1_o.jpg

73e16946082b34c291ef292a20687b1987ad19d7.pjpg

Last edited:

crusader

Adventurer
Wow, I didn't expect this sort of response!

Um...Just to make it easy on everyone, Hardigg lists the weight of the case at 22.1 lbs and some website out there lists the weight of the Pelican 1400 as 4.4 lbs. I'd ship them to interested folks from zipcode 03110, so it should be easy to estimate shipping at www.ups.com (or whatever method anyone wants me to use).

I shouldn't need to box these up (they're shipping containers after all!), and the Pelicans should fit in the Hardiggs,should anyone be interested in both.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Are they in MA?

My in-laws are in MA, I hate to pay shipping if they could pick them up and store till my next visit...
thanks

crusader

Adventurer
My in-laws are in MA, I hate to pay shipping if they could pick them up and store till my next visit...
thanks

I work just over the line at the MA/NH border. Perhaps we could make some sort of arrangement, since I've got to go to work 5 times a week anyhow. Might even be able to convince my wife to take a trip if your in-laws live in the Boston area.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Can I mail you a check with a couple of shipping labels right ready to stick to the cases? I'd be interested in 2 of the Hardig and 2 of the Pelican? Otherwise I can PayPal immediately and send the labels. LMK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears