Sears Platinum PM-1 Group Size 31M

daverami

Explorer
I thought I remembered a thread somewhere where a 31M was installed in the stock location of a truck, but of course, I can't find it and I don't know if it was a 2005+ Tacoma.

Looking for a replacement battery and wanted to put the biggest I could in. I think this will fit, but has anyone put on in an 05+? and if you did, did you have to extend or get new battery cables?

Thanks

soonenough

Explorer
I was just getting the measurements of that battery (and the Group 34) the other day to see if it would fit in my '08. IIRC, the Group 65 wasn't drastically bigger than the 31 or 34.

nater

Adventurer
Baja taco fit a group 31 in his... I now have the custom hold down, not sure if I am going to use it..

Terracoma

Adventurer
CRW_1860.jpg

Not an '05+ truck, but I bent the stock hold-down in a bench vice and purchased a longer J-bolt from Autozone. No cable extension required.

Should have photos of my tray when I've got the enthusiasm to pull that 79-pound battery back out... :elkgrin:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Here's my homebrew setup for the Odyssey PCT 1700 MJT. The only real mod required for an 05+ is to fab a battery hold down that fits - the OEM is too small.

100_2943.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger