Seat belt knife

Leviathan

Observer
I can attest that a hammer-type glass-shattering tool is almost impossible to use underwater. There is simply too much resistance to get the proper sharp "tap" needed...

I think these hammers are intended to be used inside the vehicle, before the water gets so high that the hammer cannot be swung.

Danimal

Adventurer
That said, I have a Res-Q-Me on my keys and my wifes, which has a spring loaded punch and a seat belt cutter.

Let me modify my previous statement; my wife's Res-Q-Me is no longer on her keys. I last saw it going into the pocket of the nice officer at Indianapolis International Airport who searched me thoroughly after finding it in my backpack...

Dan

lcsodiver

Adventurer
After working as a rescue and recovery diver for over 10 years, I can say with some certainty that the spring-loaded center punch is the way to go for popping windows. If you are in water (read your arm/hand is trying to move through water) it's almost impossible to generate enough force to break a automotive window. The punch does it with just a little push. And you can get them at any store that has a decent selection of hand tools.

Stay Safe, Bob

bribassguy

Observer
you should inform then that according to TSA regulation you are allowed to carry on:

Scissors - metal with pointed tips and blades shorter than four inches
Tools (seven inches or less in length)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior