Seat covers?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I had a set of Marathon covers on my 4runner and liked them a lot. Cordura nylon type covers, not sure if they were "waterproof" but they did a good job of protecting the seats.

Currently I have a set of Cover King Skanda "neosupreme" seat covers on my F-150 and while the overall quality of the material is OK the fit is terrible. Would definitely not recommend.

seatcovers 2.jpgseatcovers 4.jpgseatcovers_1jpg.jpg

The above photos were taken immediately after I spent a good ~2 hours trying to get them installed per instructions, pushing and pulling and tucking the materials as the instructions said to do. After almost 2 years of wear, they look a lot worse and looser now.

One thing I've discovered is that if you want seat covers that fit, they need to be 3 pieces: Bottom cushion, back cushion and headrest, all separate. The Skanda's I have are just 2 piece - the seat bottom and seat back are a single unit and do not fit well as a result. By contrast, I got a set of even cheaper seat covers for the wife's Honda CRV from a company called Seat Designs nd they fit much better due to being a 3 piece design with separate back and bottom pieces.

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
I had a set of Marathon covers on my 4runner and liked them a lot. Cordura nylon type covers, not sure if they were "waterproof" but they did a good job of protecting the seats.

Currently I have a set of Cover King Skanda "neosupreme" seat covers on my F-150 and while the overall quality of the material is OK the fit is terrible. Would definitely not recommend.

View attachment 669762View attachment 669763View attachment 669764

The above photos were taken immediately after I spent a good ~2 hours trying to get them installed per instructions, pushing and pulling and tucking the materials as the instructions said to do. After almost 2 years of wear, they look a lot worse and looser now.

One thing I've discovered is that if you want seat covers that fit, they need to be 3 pieces: Bottom cushion, back cushion and headrest, all separate. The Skanda's I have are just 2 piece - the seat bottom and seat back are a single unit and do not fit well as a result. By contrast, I got a set of even cheaper seat covers for the wife's Honda CRV from a company called Seat Designs nd they fit much better due to being a 3 piece design with separate back and bottom pieces.
yes they are water proof.

mekcanix

Camper
I had the Fia horse blanket fitted covers on my sierra they were awesome, but did show some wear on the drivers side from sliding my butt out of the truck. Would buy again if I am in the market for seat covers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle