seat covers

CodyB

Observer
What seat covers are you guys using on your new Tacomas? I can forsee the cloth seats not holding up very well to rips, mud, and dirt. I would like to get something that has a very tight "custom" fit. Is neoprene the material of choice?

blatant

Adventurer
marathon seat covers. dot com. heavy duty cordura. Fit is ridiculously unbelievable. They are by far worth the cash and aren't too expensive. I've have them on the taco and just order them for the fj and know they will be excellent. that's my vote folks.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Marathon seat covers. Great installation instructions, super snug fit, good options (front seat pockets, rear back rest pockets), easy to clean. Wide variety of color options to contrast or match your stock trim. Much more comfortable to me than the stock fabric or neoprene material in hot or cold weather. I've had them a little over a year now and they look great.

HoosierTacoma08

I got my Wet Okoles last spring, great product! Worth every penny. :victory:

100_4496.jpg

100_4490.jpg

100_4500.jpg

abeaudin1971

Adventurer
Very nice - the question I would have is what would one use for an 09 with the air bag in the seat? Or am I stuck with the cloth.

blatant

Adventurer
wet okoles will make your MMM sweat due to the neoprene. I'm not a sweaty dude but this is first hand beta here. wet okoles = wetass. And the black will fade after extended sun exposure.

CodyB

Observer
Thanks for the input. The Wet Okole seat covers do look like a good match in the Tacoma. I am a bit worried about some people commenting that the covers will make a person sweat more. Even though it is dry here in northern Nevada, it gets darn hot in the summers.

HoosierTacoma08

If I remember correctly, Wet Okoles will work with in seat air-bags.

^Yes they do. Just specify that you have them when you order.

Thanks for the input. The Wet Okole seat covers do look like a good match in the Tacoma. I am a bit worried about some people commenting that the covers will make a person sweat more. Even though it is dry here in northern Nevada, it gets darn hot in the summers.

I didn't notice any accesive sweating last summer, but we had a cold snap this winter and at -20F their as hard as a rock till the truck warms up. :bike_rider:

Jared

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I didn't notice any accesive sweating last summer, but we had a cold snap this winter and at -20F their as hard as a rock till the truck warms up. :bike_rider:

Jared

Cold snap? That is just a cool evening in these parts.

It was probably the seats that were hard, not the seat covers.

HoosierTacoma08

Cold snap? That is just a cool evening in these parts.

It was probably the seats that were hard, not the seat covers.

Yeah, I know we don't have it as bad as you true northerners, but for Indiana that's getting pretty cold. And you could very well be right about the seat, all I know is it was quite a bit harder than usual....almost boulder-ish. :coffeedrink:

Jared

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Yeah, I know we don't have it as bad as you true northerners, but for Indiana that's getting pretty cold. And you could very well be right about the seat, all I know is it was quite a bit harder than usual....almost boulder-ish. :coffeedrink:

Jared

I used to have a Subaru, and the seats would get rock hard. It would take more than a half hour of driving for them to feel softer than plywood. Miserable in pre-dawn hours.

Still wishing for heated seats.

HB 4X4

Adventurer
I have been thinking about putting Wet Okole into my 4Runner. Many members across a number of forums swear by them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12