Securing basic gear in the back

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I’d like to see a few pics of how people are securing gear in the back of truck. I carry a shovel, my 2” ball insert, a short piece of pipe for more leverage on lugnuts, a 10” subwoofer and a mini air compressor. I’ve got kids in the car now so I’m rethinking how these heavy items are tied down. I’d like to add some type of versatile system that would keep everything locked in pretty good in an accident or rollover. I like the way the bottle jack is tied down from the factory and that’s the level of security I want but it needs to be flexible for different shapes and sizes......

mudraider

Adventurer
I know it's a lowly Gen 1 SWB, but it should give you ideas. Aluminum boxes with drawers. There is 4" of space underneath. Plenty of space in the drawers for pretty much everything. A 48" hi-lift secured under a panel. I included some recessed tied downs, I have used them for hold a cooler, a couple of chairs, and my Weber Q.
39aa9736935c095b69d08edbbe7b3577.jpg
e080a06c0d9e9ad884e69c271d9d078a.jpg
6d29c7ffba9d25d1ef744cb9bf609460.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I don’t have a photo handy, but I use plastic milk crates tied down with ratchet straps. I’ll loop the strap through or around the heavier items like my power tank or air compressor.

Michael Brown

You followed me, so now we're both lost
I know it's a lowly Gen 1 SWB, but it should give you ideas. Aluminum boxes with drawers. There is 4" of space underneath. Plenty of space in the drawers for pretty much everything. A 48" hi-lift secured under a panel. I included some recessed tied downs, I have used them for hold a cooler, a couple of chairs, and my Weber Q.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Did you build the drawers yourself, or get a purchased set to fit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears