Selling my off road trailer built for a Jeep JK Wrangler

Xrunner

Explorer
Here's part one of the pictures from JeepDork...

fwdjk_01.jpg

fwdjk_02.jpg

fwdjk_03.jpg

fwdjk_04.jpg

fwdjk_05.jpg

fwdjk_06.jpg

fwdjk_07.jpg

fwdjk_08.jpg

fwdjk_09.jpg

fwdjk_10.jpg

fwdjk_11.jpg

fwdjk_12.jpg

fwdjk_13.jpg

fwdjk_14.jpg

fwdjk_15.jpg

fj_az

For that price someone is stealing it from you. Great work! Bummer you couldn't finish it. I would take it off your hands but the spouse wouldn't let me.

JeepDork

Adventurer
Yeah for the wheels and tires it's worth it, trailer would be free, but who knows someone will come along I'm sure.

For that price someone is stealing it from you. Great work! Bummer you couldn't finish it. I would take it off your hands but the spouse wouldn't let me.

JeepDork

Adventurer
pulling it off the market

Well since nobody has bought this I am forced to finish it and use it I guess. I figured I would save the cost of storage along with money I'd get by selling it and come out even maybe... guess I am going to finish it and keep it. Thanks to all those that showed interest and made such nice comments.:beer:

Desert Rider

Observer
Pass the Torch

I purchased this trailer from JeepDork...thanks JeepDork for all of your hard work and hours you have spent on this cool trailer!! I will continue your dream. I swapped out the 37" BFGs for 33" all terrains since my 76 Bronco runs on 33" BFGs...it just looks better and IMO will be more functional especially since there was a clearance issue with the bigger tires. I have spent lots of time with the grinder and brushes cleaning up the welds and such. To reduce the overall weight of the trailer, I spent about 6 hours grinding the tubing and sheetmetal inside the side tool boxes...and it came out rather nice. Then, I painted the interior of the side boxes. I used aluminum color Rust-Oleum Professional series spray paint since it sprays most like a paint gun IMO. I only wish they sold this professional series spray paint in a metallic silver color.

As soon as it thaws out here in Albuquerque I will continue this build with the assistance of my father who has decades of welding and fabricating experience. My plan is to build the following: aluminum lids for the side boxes, tailgate, spare tire carrier for the rear, a storage rack and platform for a front tool/toungue box, and cross bars for a possible RTT. I still need to atached all locks and hardware, wiring and lights, and paint the whole thing.

Again, thanks JeepDork for the groundwork

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears