Service intervals.

All of my vehicles get an oil change at 5k; the '05 Element and the '02 Silvy get semi-syn and the '10 Burb gets full-syn. Other fluids get factory recommended intervals, severe service for the Silvy if off-road use (not much of that the last 2 years). Of note: my mechanic uses a trans fluid exchange which "forces" fluid all the way through including the TC, not just a passive drain and fill. We found that this helps with rough shifts coming in and out of AFM. ?

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I am thinking The engineers at ford qtry to set the intervals so that enough of the trucks will make it past the end of the 125k mile warranty so they don’t loose their shirt but they probably don’t care as much how long it lasts after that as they do about meeting fuel economy standards and keeping the maintenance costs down for fleet sales and stuff.

it’s a conspiracy man.
All manufactures are fighting to show the lowest cost of ownership. They have convinced themselves that this sells cars/trucks. What it does in reality is kill the reliability. Lifetime fluid and 10k service intervals are a joke. Even ZF will tell you that trans fluid lasts 60k at best. American manufactures don't even recommend changing brake fluid, ever! We wonder why a Bosch ABS units commonly fail on US made vehicles, and rarely on German made cars, they change the brake fluid every 30K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior