Seven myths about the need for full frame camera bodies

LR Max

Local Oaf
Wow. I guess the author is one of those people who has to hit the hornets nest with a stick.

I wasn't impressed with the article.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
That article was pretty much garbage. funny that he closed the comments. he deserves to get flamed for something like that.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I would have deleted that picture of the pelican simply because it's so cropped. Like photographing models, you never crop out their knees or their arms right in the middle just as you don't do it with animals.

I agree with the others, that isn't a good argument at all and the points he was trying to make seemed pretty vague and useless

LR Max

Local Oaf
After thinking about it, I think he has found a very good setup for what HE does. I'm kinda in the same boat. My D300 DX camera and lenses work AMAZINGLY for what I do 99% of the time. However put me in a competition in night sports photography or in a studio environment or something that requires 20x30" prints and all of a sudden I'm in trouble.

Recently had that situation. Long story short needed super awesome photos in crazy light situations for crazy large prints. Rented a D4 (really wanted a D800 but couldn't get one) and that solved the problem. Lets see what this client does, if they need this on a quarterly basis then having FX equipment in house makes more sense then renting (if nothing else it sucks big time to try and book it across town to return equipment for a weekend rental, also no time to familiarize myself with the equipment which is ALWAYS a must). However if its twice a year or less, then forget it I'll just stick with my current setup and rent equipment when I need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998