Shotts' Roklimo is getting restored...lowered...and I might want to trade some parts:

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Sounds like a waist of money to me, but it's your money! You would be better off financially to sell it as is and build another one.

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Really? My new 2001 Cruiser cost $61,000...then the mods totaled $15,000+. $76,000 plus.

I can lower my Cruiser for the cost of springs...$150.

Of I can buy another 100 and spend $15,000 to bring it up to where mine is now or only 2" lift. Cost to lift 3 vs 2" is minimal.

I'll spend $150.

RobRed

Explorer
You may have confused folks with "A Luxury Touring SUV with Medium-duty off-road capability."

Changing from 863 to 860's wont accomplish the luxury part in my mind... thus the LX suggestion.

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
Really? My new 2001 Cruiser cost $61,000...then the mods totaled $15,000+. $76,000 plus.

I can lower my Cruiser for the cost of springs...$150.

Of I can buy another 100 and spend $15,000 to bring it up to where mine is now or only 2" lift. Cost to lift 3 vs 2" is minimal.

I'll spend $150.

I guess that is one way to look at it... Good luck with the rebuild.

RobRed

Explorer
Then there is the misleading thread title...

"Shotts' Roklimo is getting restored...lowered...and I might want to trade some parts:"

Key word restored but lowered is in the title as well so all bases covered :)

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
that was then, this is now.

besides, a car is great for transportation, but crappy as an investment, as you can now see.

Now whatsoever. We got $250,000 worth of fun out of this thing. Built up, it took us through a ton of places where many wheelers wouldn't go. Factor in 175,000 of auto use (so far). And now it's easily converted to serve yet another purpose. It was great transportation and a great investment. The bad investments were the two 80's I built and didn't like. They are gone.

And yes Phil...$15K...I pray nobody hits the thing and totals it. I'd be at a big loss.

zimm

Expedition Leader
Now whatsoever. We got $250,000 worth of fun out of this thing. Built up, it took us through a ton of places where many wheelers wouldn't go. Factor in 175,000 of auto use (so far). And now it's easily converted to serve yet another purpose. It was great transportation and a great investment. The bad investments were the two 80's I built and didn't like. They are gone.

And yes Phil...$15K...I pray nobody hits the thing and totals it. I'd be at a big loss.

where did a quarter million in fun come from? is there a table for that somewhere? i havent been a broker for 15 odd years, and there werent any fun analysis tables in the old days, so very well could be out of touch.

and if you say the return was 250,000, how is 15,000 write down a loss? i'll give you 15g for 250g back any day... oh wait, at 8% over 15 years, youre at about 240,000... naw. i can do better in real money than you can in "fun"ny money.

i just got rid of the AHC for springs for the sole purpose of a lift... theres no luxury left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12