show me you interior goodies! (small mod that make your ride more useful)

madmaths

Observer
Hi!! please show me your interior small mod! ( like flash light mount, first aid bag,storage bag....) I saw some military style bag in the back of the passenger seat I love this! where can we buy this!!? I'm curious, and looking for some tips and new idea, some times its some simple things so please share your pics!! thanks for sharing!!

stingray1300

Explorer
One thing I made that makes driving (and off-roading) more comfortable, is a "dead pedal". Mostly not available in trucks, but they are in snazzy European cars, I just missed the one we had in another car. So, I chopped some tubing and welded on a plate at the right angle, bolted it to the e-brake bracket, and Voila! Now I have an alternative place to push on while wheelin'.
I also have a "Road-Rest" pillow on my door for my elbow, and LED light strips (red) under the dash to light the floors. Comes in handy while driving at night and you drop something.

As a flashlight mount, I have a 4-cell LED Maglite secured to the B pillar toward the bottom using the Maglite clips.

HTH!

fortel

Adventurer
X2 on the dead pedal. Luckily my 2012 Frontier actually has one and my left foot rests there most of the time. My 01 F150 didn't have one and it seemed I was constantly trying to find a place to push against with my left foot.

A super cheapo addition to my truck was to line the hard plastic of the storage/sunglasses tray on top of the dash and in front of the console with rubber/foam drawer liner to quiet the rattles and make the trays a little more skid resistant. I got a roll from Sears sold to line the drawers of the rolling tool chests.

verdesardog

Explorer
off road light and air horn switches, air pressure gauge for OBA and a 2 meter transceiver,engine gauges. Not shown behind the rear view mirror a dash cam.

DSC_4016.jpg

DSC_41131.jpg

Also a soft tool bag for drinking water, dog cookies etc. and first aid fanny pack attached to a rear seat head rest.

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
I think I have a similar storage system to what you're looking for. I bought some tactical seat covers from coverking.com and love them. Keeps my important gear near at hand while driving. I've had up to 40 lbs. of gear on each and no problems.

attachment.php

A less practical mod but still nice. A drop down TV I pulled out of a van from the junkyard. Hooked it up to a DVD/CD player/radio and works beautifully. Great for keeping the GF happy on road trips.

attachment.php

And a custom center console. More like an add-on to the stock console, but it works great for a mounting flashlights, radios and switch panels.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
I'm using aftermarket seats and frame, so I made two lockable drawers that hold my 40 and plenty of ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 117

v_man

Explorer
A switched 12v gauge , helps to keep on eye on the health of your electrical system ...

imageedit_6_2560026552_zpse9baa0df.gif

and you can never have too many charging stations ...

IMG_0965_zps6ee7d940.jpg

monele

Adventurer
My add-ons:

Rear rack that keeps sticky fingers out when the windows etc are out. Same idea holds for the toolbox that has replaced the rear seat, and the little grey boxes over the rear wheel wells. I also have one of the jerry can toolboxes on the pass. side. Anything that stays in the Jeep is behind a locking steel door. The inverter is handy for charging the netbook I carry or charging some NiMh AA batteries or a 2nd phone.

Attachments

• _IGP2305b.jpg
    _IGP2305b.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 73
  • _IGP2302b.jpg
    _IGP2302b.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 76
  • _IGP2299b.jpg
    _IGP2299b.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 75
  • _IGP2308b.jpg
    _IGP2308b.jpg