Show me your 2dr

off-roader

Expedition Leader
How many "transmission problems" posts have you seen?

All jerky responses aside ... they're so reliable and bullet proof, I tend to forget about it. I just throw it in gear and go.

For the auto's just be sure you use 100% compatible transmission fluid. Mobil 1 has been shown to be incompatible so steer clear of it unless your getting a free tranny after it fails.

SOFpirate

Adventurer
The auto is a standard 4 speed. Long gears. I can't speak to the manual, but I think it would be safe to assume they're even better.

red87

Adventurer
Here's mine. Haven't done much to it in the two months I've owned it.

Outside Ridgecrest, California, at the High Desert Trails rally a couple weekends back.

20120512_153441-495x371.jpg

I was there too! I had no idea a rally was going on until one of the roads we were on was closed until the cars got past.

DR1665

Gearheads United
@red87 shame we didn't cross paths. I got caught up in a traffic jam rolling out afterward. Rally volunteer work is good times.

Mephisto

I wish simex would sell their tires in north america, I freakin love those things. Your Shogun looks tough with those jungle trekkers on.

enjoitheride

Observer
Roxy the 87 Raider

View attachment 102192View attachment 102194View attachment 102195View attachment 102198View attachment 102199View attachment 102200View attachment 102201View attachment 102203View attachment 102204View attachment 102205

The cargo capacity with the seat up is pretty good, opens about 37" length in the cab. Once upon a job, I had to transport about 1500 pounds of bagged aggregate in my Raider, along with my normal tools and boxes (pics above in array). Truck went slow when on the fully compressed suspension.

I have had numerous 2-doors.

Russell

Russell,

Where is the pic with all the cranes at? Cool pic

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
Chris, in Spring of 2008, I was one of the civilian quality control technician for the Corps of Engineers working at the Folsom Road Bridge project in Folsom, CA, just south of the Folsom Dam. The project entailed lots of earthwork and asphalt, but most impressive were the cast in place segments of the bridge deck. The cranes were used for materials handling purposes.

Here are some project summaries:
http://www.kiewit.com/projects/transportation/folsom-dam-bridge.aspx

http://aspirebridge.org/pdfs/magazine/issue_09/folsom_win09.pdf

R-

enjoitheride

Observer
Chris, in Spring of 2008, I was one of the civilian quality control technician for the Corps of Engineers working at the Folsom Road Bridge project in Folsom, CA, just south of the Folsom Dam. The project entailed lots of earthwork and asphalt, but most impressive were the cast in place segments of the bridge deck. The cranes were used for materials handling purposes.

Here are some project summaries:
http://www.kiewit.com/projects/transportation/folsom-dam-bridge.aspx

http://aspirebridge.org/pdfs/magazine/issue_09/folsom_win09.pdf

R-

Russell,

That is some cool stuff. I never heard anything about this. I guess since I do not live in California, that could be why..

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
That is some cool stuff.

This is the general kind/type of work I've been involved with since 1996, after finishing my geology degree. I have worked mostly with earthwork observation and density testing. For the last two years, I have been involved with another smaller government project, but Roxy has been off the road and no longer used for my former private industry work, as when I was at the above bridge project.

Mephisto

So I just posted these on the mitsu pics sticky thread, but, since shorties are the best, I have to show the 2dr love. This is my fourth 2dr mitsu; 87 raiderx2, 91 pajero, and this 93 pajero.IMG_4212.jpgIMG_4199.jpgIMG_4197.jpgIMG_4196.jpgIMG_4221.jpgIMG_4213.jpgIMG_4195.jpgphoto.JPG

Last edited:

JacksonRally

Adventurer
Here's mine. Haven't done much to it in the two months I've owned it.

Outside Ridgecrest, California, at the High Desert Trails rally a couple weekends back.

20120512_153441-495x371.jpg

Man I was eye balling that thing in the hotel parking lot. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was....small world, now I know. And THANK YOU for volunteering!! Without you guys we couldn't race.

DR1665

Gearheads United
Man I was eye balling that thing in the hotel parking lot. I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was....small world, now I know. And THANK YOU for volunteering!! Without you guys we couldn't race.
Then we're even! Can't tell you how many times I've found myself standing in the Prescottonian parking lot staring at a certain blue station wagon with epic bumpers thinking, "There's gotta be a way to do that to a 91 Galant VR4..." ;)

And, just to cement the connection if not already, that's where the video of you closing on Holmes I showed you guys at the bar afterward was shot. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12