Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

some_dude

Observer
9 Nov 12 - New meats.
8170700434_d057514893_c.jpg

10 Nov 12 - Seems I bought those tires just in time.
8173207616_fa7914d232_c.jpg

8173179087_3660469986_c.jpg

8173211122_181b29cc3f_c.jpg

8173175332_946ff8d122_c.jpg

It's a work in progress. :)

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Theres a tear in my beer... snooze and lose

So I have been in Idaho Falls for a little over a month now and a few weks ago i found a 2004 toyota tacoma crew cab 4wd. I have been considering an update (not neccessarily an ungrade) to the 86 4runner and the 4 doors appeal to the wife and I because of the daughter and dog. I stopped in and asked the woman who works there how much and she says $20,000, to which I started laughing and walked away. What i did not know was that the truck only had 75000 miles on it. I walked from our motel to the diner down the hill this morning and guess what is sitting in front of the diner. Love the truck and it is just about exactly what I want but not sure I could bring myself to pay $20,000 for an 8 almost 9 year old truck.

YotaPilot

Adventurer
I finally got my truck offroad today to test out the newly installed suspension. Here are some pics of the flex I am getting. I am happy with the rear, but I wish I got a little more in the front. But I guess for stock UCAs it's pretty good.

My setup is SAW 2.0 Coilovers up front, OME Dakar springs and bilstein 5100s in the back.

8237892761_ba0000caaf_z.jpg

8237892279_fe9677b38f_z.jpg

Telcobilly

Observer
EDIT:
found your thread

did you ever have ball joint problems? good looking Tacos

Thanks! No sir, no ball joint issues at all. I put in a 1.5" spacer lift to clear the bigger tires. The only rubbing I get is when I hit a good size bump at speed, the tire would rub a ridge in the fender well. I think 70's instead of 75's would fix that.

Telcobilly

Observer
Don't know what your budget is, but for your setup I would seriously consider ponying up the $$ for an Aluminess rear storage bumper. Their front bumper for the 2nd-Gen Tacoma is pretty nice-looking too. Not sure if it has a 2" receiver on it, or if that's mounted underneath. The link has front bumper pics first and then rear bumper pics further down.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/81103-Aluminess-2012-Tacoma-Bumper-Available

Considering I'm paying off my child support in 3.5 months, get a large truck allowance and live in the back, my budget is pretty generous.. lol. I'll check it out, thanks.

m3bassman

Observer
So I have been in Idaho Falls for a little over a month now and a few weks ago i found a 2004 toyota tacoma crew cab 4wd. I have been considering an update (not neccessarily an ungrade) to the 86 4runner and the 4 doors appeal to the wife and I because of the daughter and dog. I stopped in and asked the woman who works there how much and she says $20,000, to which I started laughing and walked away. What i did not know was that the truck only had 75000 miles on it. I walked from our motel to the diner down the hill this morning and guess what is sitting in front of the diner. Love the truck and it is just about exactly what I want but not sure I could bring myself to pay $20,000 for an 8 almost 9 year old truck.

They hold their value but not that well! My 01 TRD's window sticker wasn't much more than that brand new! Welcome to the Gem State. Ill be down in IF for a month in a few weeks.

Heres one I took earlier tonight. Its all loaded with boxes for the move to colorado.. looks nice leveled out. I might have to get some factory length shackles. Th flip pac took off today on the way to its new owner!

jyra9uja.jpg

barlowrs

Explorer
Do you have a couple pics of the inside of the Flippac? Would 3 fit in there? They really intrege me for future camping accomodations to replace the RTT when the boy gets bigger.

Don't want to clutter this thread with random pics, but take a look at this section of my build thread, there are a few there (http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Expedition-Tacoma-Build?p=1232898#post1232898)

But yes, it is a full size matress, plus you have the entire truck bed that can sleep at least one, AND, if you have a smaller person, (150lbs or less) they can actually sleep on the gear hammock thing, so there is LOTS of room

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle