Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

wooley

Great pictures, wooley. Considering how we in the U.S. bemoan the fact that Toyota won't sell us a diesel 4x4 I'm really interested in your remarks.

Is the 1GR-FE 4.0L V6 really that much of an improvement over the 1KD-FTV 3.0L 4cyl? Any insights/specifics are appreciated.

And please come back with more Hilux pics as you make changes/updates to your new truck!

:beer:

G'day ZWITAWI

Thanks for the comments.

I suppose its horses for courses, I've always been a diesel fan for on the farm due to the low down torque and low fire risk associated with diesel fuel and lack of cat converters, there's also just something about a big diesel that I love, and that love will never change.

However I do wonder about the longevity of the newer diesels. We used to have the bulletproof 1HZ motors at 4.2L putting out 129hp and a fuel rail pressure of ~3000psi you couldn't kill the things and it generated a cult following. Now you have the little 3L 1KD pushing out 173hp with a fuel rail pressure of ~30,000psi it just doesn't sit right with me, or with bad fuel for that matter.

They're very sensitive to bad diesel, and our family along with friends had lots of injector problems due to the high pressure rail/injectors and the heat soak effect of having them mounted on top of the motor.

Petrols just don't seem to care about fuel quality, and while diesel were once renown for their lack of electrical systems (and problems) it's no longer the case and it's no longer a benefit over a petrol (gas) vehicle.

A long range fuel tank in a gas vehicle, and the availability of unleaded in all but the most remote locations makes me think there is no longer a real benefit.

From what I've seen there also seems to be a bit of a resurgence in gas vehicles in the states and I do wonder if we will see the same in Australia. Although diesel hiluxs still outsell the v6 something stupid like 100:1. A lot of new trucks are also lacking a gas option, but we will see what the future brings.

The only downside I can see is the longer gearing in the v6, which is easily fixed with a gearing change. Either way... I love the power, it's an absolute rocket.

I'll be sure to post plenty of pics as I go forward with the hilux.

ztask42

Rack and rock sliders?

Did you Fab the rack and rock sliders as well? If so is there any place or person that does the same if not similar? Especially for the 2016 Tacoma? that is amazing and exactly what I am looking for.

_Zed

paddlenbike

Adventurer
export-0381.jpg

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Well back up in pismo again, I start my internship with Chris Burkard tomorrow, could be the start to my career!

Wow! that is awesome! I follow him on Instagram. Dude is seriously talented. Please post more about this in the Photography thread. I think it would be interesting for a lot of us poser types!

Ho hum.... another double rainbow over a flexed out rig on the beach. Yawn.....

LOL. Nice shot :)

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Originally wasn't really a fan of the camo tents, but that set up may have changed my mind. Looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78