Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

musicmaan

Observer
sloan2-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ooooooooooooooh.... that's puuuuurdy!

Adventurer
Awesome rigs everyone.. Hope to post pics of mine as the mods come along..

Here she is barely off the dealership...
2012-01-03_16-49-39_919.jpg

xjaugie

Adventurer
I was going to wait until the project was more complete, but with the loss of the job, things have been on hold for just a little while.

AS I GOT HER:as i got it.jpg

OME suspension, 265R75 16" Duratracs, Blake offroad front winch bumper, 8,000 lb front winch, carpet removed and vnyl installed, neo seat covers, Yakama bed rack and tonnuoe cover.

Hatteras over Thanksgiving:DSC_6775_edited-3.jpg

And what happens when you miss the hard raod when crossing a swampy area when retrieving deer after a hunt.:DSC_6926_edited-2.jpg

Last edited:

juicebox

Adventurer
Wahoo! post #1999!

The person that posts #2000 has a huge responsibility... The pics must be nothing less than epic. :sombrero:

Paria, UT

paria.jpg

At a 4th of July party at a ranch near Wallowa, Oregon.

IMG_0932-1.jpg

New bumper!

truckatwork.jpg

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
Wahoo! post #1999!

The person that posts #2000 has a huge responsibility... The pics must be nothing less than epic. :sombrero:

Paria, UT

paria.jpg

At a 4th of July party at a ranch near Wallowa, Oregon.

IMG_0932-1.jpg

New bumper!

truckatwork.jpg

You got a good shot of your bedrack? I need to redo mine.

juicebox

Adventurer
I'll take a picture, but it's really nothing special. In fact, I am planning to do a completely new one in the near future. The original goal with that rack was to make it collapsible for easier storage, the side bars just bolt on. The rack I am planning now, will not be collapsible because I figure I'll just store the RTT and rack together, probably just hang them in my garage. I need to make the new rack a little bit taller also to make it easier for my dogs to move around. I figured I can make it about 2" higher while still keeping the RTT about even with the cab. The cab-high deal is the way to go, I got a little over 20MPG driving from Cedar City,UT to Flagstaff, AZ loaded down with camping gear, suitcases, dogs, etc.

Last edited:

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I'll take a picture, but it's really nothing special. In fact, I am planning to do a completely new one in the near future. The original goal with that rack was to make it collapsible for easier storage, the side bars just bolt on. The rack I am planning now, will not be collapsible because I figure I'll just store the RTT and rack together, probably just hang them in my garage. I need to make the new rack a little bit taller also to make it easier for my dogs to move around. I figured I can make it about 2" higher while still keeping the RTT about even with the cab. The cab-high deal is the way to go, I got a little over 20MPG driving from Cedar City,UT to Flagstaff, AZ loaded down with camping gear, suitcases, dogs, etc.

Thats about where I want to have my RTT at. Right now the rack I have sits just a couple inches above the bedside. I am contemplating on setting up a commercial-type cap. when we started we didn't have a little one to contend with but I could use the room now.

juicebox

Adventurer
Like I said, I really just rushed this because of the trip I was going on, so it's nothing spectacular...
IMG_2394.jpg

I made the angle iron base to fit the bed, then just relief cut and then bent some 1.5" .095 wall square tube. The round tube between the 2 sections is just bolted on. You probably can't see it, but I just tack welded some small tabs to the round tube so I could bolt them on to those gussets. It's purpose is just to keep the dogs in, and maybe brace the two sections a little. The idea behind it is that I just wanted to make something I could break down and store easier. After the trip, I realized it was just a little bit too low for the dogs and also thought it would be just as easy to store the RTT with the rack. So the next one I am planning will be maybe 2" higher, and just be completely welded with no removable sections or anything. That way I will still get good gas mileage because it will be even with the cab. The ladder will be above cab-high, but I think it will still be pretty aerodynamic.

I put some gussets in for stability in, I probably didn't need to but I didn't have time for trail and error. When all was said and done, it came out pretty good for being my first welding/fab project ever. It was rushed, 98% eye balled, working through the night in my dark carport, and first time using a MIG welder... In the wind... :)

IMG_2389.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78