Show us your Toyota 4runner, tacoma or truck.

RogueTacoma

Here's the start of our new travelling set-up...sans trailer...as we are going from family camping for four to a set-up for two.

100_3155.jpg

This is exactly what I want to do with my Tacoma. What kind of rack is that on the bed?

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
This is exactly what I want to do with my Tacoma. What kind of rack is that on the bed?

That's a home brewed set-up and consists of a Agri-Cover cover and rack system (which they don't make anymore) with some modifictaions. There's details of it in my Tundra's build thread, see my signature for the link.

Richie Rich

Representing the old, err middle school.

P2210114.jpg

P2210116.jpg

Specs:
87 Toyota Extracab 4x4, DLX

Engine: 22re, 282,000 miles. Stock internals, Thorley header, high flow cat, flowmaster.

Drivetrain: Stock trans and transfer case, 4:88 gears, Detroit Trutrac front, open rear

Wheels and tires: 15x8 M/T Alcoa Challenger 2s with 33x10.5-15 BFG All Terrains. Matching spare in bed

Suspension: Trailmaster 4in bracket lift, rancho torsion bars, rear blocks (ack), Downey idler arm brace, Bilstein shocks.

Armor: Addicted Offroad front, Trailgear rear, Stubbs sliders

Winch: Smittybilt XRC-8, Rockstomper fairlead, Amsteel synthetic rope

Electronics: Sears Diehard Platinum (Odyssey), fancy battery terminals, Blue Sea 12 circuit aux fuse block, Lowrance Baja 540c, CB, Extra 12v outlets, USB outlet, Pioneer stereo with,bluetooth, XM and Ipod, Alpine amp, MB Quarts separates, JL Audio 10in sub, 1,500 watt inverter, LED dome and cargo lights, power antenna.

Lighting: Hella Rally 2000 flood pattern, Hella H4 headlights, PIAA backup lights

Interior: Lexus power seats

Misc: 10lb Powertank, Fully padded and carpeted sleeping platform/storage, Fuel and water can storage, Snugtop shell with windoors, Surco rack with Surco Hilift mount.

Future plans: Rear E-locker, Allpro Expedition leaves, front suspension bracing and skidplate, Budbuilt trans crossmember, more dents and pinstripes. Also, replace the Surco rack (Bajarack perhaps).

Last edited:

aknightinak

Couple other older photos in the Fireside thread. At the risk of xposting, I trimmed this to the most current and favorite pics.

dscn27548x6.jpg

96 T100
Dana44/44044 front by a shop formerly owned by another member here
Blistein 5125s
Stock rear...housing...FROR Disc/Full Float conversion, Moser 4340 shafts
Alcan leafs, BudBuilt anti-wrap bar
4.88s/ARBs f/r
Marlin rebuilt r150f
85 Toy/High Angle front shaft
Stock 5vzfe with rebuilt heads (went 200k before the gasket burped)
37x13.5x15 Pitbull Rockers on Champion beadlocks
One-off front bumper by a local fabricator
Warn xd9000i, uhmwpe rope & fairlead
Rear bumper by assorted trees and rocks
Safari Snorkel
toolbox from a 1500 Chevy jammed full of tools, parts, recovery gear
extended breathers, mag lite license plate mod, and alotta zip ties ;)

dscn22988x6ip7.jpg

blakeape

Adventurer
Nice truck, it reminds me of Project "Good Ole Toy" that 4wheeler magazine had back in the 90's. Its what inspired me to buy my first Toyota 86, an extended cab 4x4, back in 95-96. Keep it clean!

Representing the old, err middle school.

P2210114.jpg

P2210116.jpg

Specs:
87 Toyota Extracab 4x4, DLX

Engine: 22re, 282,000 miles. Stock internals, Thorley header, high flow cat, flowmaster.

Drivetrain: Stock trans and transfer case, 4:88 gears, Detroit Trutrac front, open rear

Wheels and tires: 15x8 M/T Alcoa Challenger 2s with 33x10.5-15 BFG All Terrains. Matching spare in bed

Suspension: Trailmaster 4in bracket lift, rancho torsion bars, rear blocks (ack), Downey idler arm brace, Bilstein shocks.

Armor: Addicted Offroad front, Trailgear rear, Stubbs sliders

Winch: Smittybilt XRC-8, Rockstomper fairlead, Amsteel synthetic rope

Electronics: Sears Diehard Platinum (Odyssey), fancy battery terminals, Blue Sea 12 circuit aux fuse block, Lowrance Baja 540c, CB, Extra 12v outlets, USB outlet, Pioneer stereo with,bluetooth, XM and Ipod, Alpine amp, MB Quarts separates, JL Audio 10in sub, 1,500 watt inverter, LED dome and cargo lights, power antenna.

Lighting: Hella Rally 2000 flood pattern, Hella H4 headlights, PIAA backup lights

Interior: Lexus power seats

Misc: 10lb Powertank, Fully padded and carpeted sleeping platform/storage, Fuel and water can storage, Snugtop shell with windoors, Surco rack with Surco Hilift mount.

Future plans: Rear E-locker, Allpro Expedition leaves, front suspension bracing and skidplate, Budbuilt trans crossmember, more dents and pinstripes. Also, replace the Surco rack (Bajarack perhaps).

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
really that one? Huh..they don't seem as tall in the photo..look like slim boxes..not that that is a great photo to judge that off of :p ha

They made them in several different sizes. The ones ones on SG are pretty large and heavy. The ones Triumpfdog has listed are much smaller and more easily managed. They aren't listed on SG but they've had them in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears